Infinite summons as Werewolf with shout cooldowns (bug?)

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:09 am

Just like it says in the title. I just maxed out the perks on my Werewolf around an hour ago and found a very overpowered yet infinately cool bug (at least I think it's a bug)

So I found when I get my shout cooldown to 100% it lets me summon Ice wolves/werewolves as much as I want. It doesn't really have a limit on it which means new summons won't cause the old ones to despawn.

Just wiped out Riften in literally less than a minute by walking in, popping on Beast Form and summoning around 20 Werewolves that just went crazy on the poor guards and townsfolk. Afterwards I decided to see if i could hit some sort of limit and just spammed the powers button. I got to around 122 before my Xbox crashed/froze.

So...yeah. Anyone else get this? :P
Danielle Brown

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 am

Do werewolves still have a time limit?
Robyn Howlett

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:48 pm

Yeah, they do. But with the new perk of being able to feed off almost anything except undead well...my transformation times never ran out. That coupled with the Ring of Hircine left me with infinite use of Werewolf form daily. To be honest I feel almost no difference between being a Werewolf or Vampire Lord in terms of being able to change. With both I can shift as many times as I want and the only difference on shifting out is that VL gets the Revert Form power and with a Werewolf I just hit the wait button and set it for an hour. No biggie really.
jenny goodwin

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 am

Interesting. :o

How'd you get your shout cooldown to 100% though? Necromage buffs?
Cesar Gomez

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:05 am

That's pretty interesting but however did you get your shout cooldown so low?
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:40 am

There are 2 ways to do it actually.

1 way is to use the fortify restoration glitch (not sure if that has been patched)

The second way is to transfer your save to a PC version of Skyrim and set your shout cooldown to 0 with a console command then simply transfer your save back to your xbox.

Both ways are relatively easy. The first just requires the right ingredients and access to an Arcane Enchanter and an Alchemy Lab. The second requires a PC copy of Skyrim (or a friend with a copy), a USB and either Modio or Horizon to transfer the saves back and forth.

Edit: of course if you wanna go the "legit" path with gear found in the game and a blessing you can still get your shout cooldown all the way down to 60% faster cooldown if my memory serves right.
Chris Johnston

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:23 pm

Ah well if you have to go to those lengths to do it, I wouldn't call it a glitch.
Alyce Argabright

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:44 am

Fair enough. Though the fact that new summons not despawning the old might be considered so. Either way a cool little find even if it does just make you turn into a cheap jerk with a giant nigh unstoppable army :P

But then I do so enjoy finding these cheesy little things in games. It's the whole reason I keep aroun a "cheat" character in a save on my backup USB for Skyrim (yes I am one of those people that has multiple backups of my saves in multiple places and yes I am "that guy" that keeps around a cheat file specifically to find new and interestin ways to break his games)
Kira! :)))

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 pm

I used to do the infinite shout glitch all the time after my 12th character to add "pizzazz" but stopped after dlc due to werewolf being legit now. Meaning that u needed to keep on the talos necklace to get 100 percent cooldown, and werewolf unequips everything. Werewolf upgrade was just what I needed. Still using fortify shout glitch for epic battles, like storming solitude. (odahviing, stormcall, AND Durnheviir all at same time) super epic.
Kelly James

Return to V - Skyrim