installing daggerfall from anthology

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:01 am

I am trying to install elder scrolls anthology: Daggerfall but it doesn't even ask for location. I would like to install it on the same drive as I have other games which is not the C: drive - how can I do that?

Is there a version of the install wizard that allow you to specify some other install location, other than C:\program files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Daggerfall? I would like it to be some drive other than C and I wouldn't want it to be Program files (x86) either.

Ladymorphine

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:27 am

In my opinion, you'd be much better off downloading Daggerfall from http://wiwiki.wiwiland.net/?title=Daggerfall_:_DaggerfallSetup_EN. With DaggerfallSetup the game is already patched with the patch 1.07.213, the official questpack CompUSA Special Edition and a working already configured DosBox. Also there are options to install many unofficial fixes and new quests.

Jaylene Brower

Post » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 am

Thank you - that did the trick.

Now, my only gripe is that I remember that the original Daggerfall which I played had an "advlt mode" where it wasn't PG-13 - the new daggerfall versions seems to have dropped that mode in case some kid were to pretend he was an advlt and saw some naughty bits he wasn't supposed to see. I guess concerned parents would get upset if their 15 year old found out that he or she wasn't brought to them by the stork in some backwards part of the world such as conservative regions of USA.

Is there a patch to restore the advlt mode so I get the game exactly as I remember it?

Of course, the graphics isn't all that great compared to modern games so it doesn't really mean much, just some nostalgia for me as I had much fun with the game back in the day running around daggerfall and the other areas in that region.

louise tagg

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion