Investing in businesses question.

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:17 pm

I put enough hard earned skill points into speech to get me the investing ability, yet, it seems to have no notable effect at all except for one vendor: The Riverwood trader. The main selling point (pardon the pun) for me was that I would have a band of traders in close proximity to whom I could quickly sell the fruits of my labour instead of lugging it around multiple towns and wasting inordinate amounts of time making my inventory managable.

I became aware of it working with the Riverwood Trader only from youtube, otherwise I would have felt completely robbed of my skill points.

Any info would be helpful. Really hope it's not a bug and I am doing soemthing wrong.
Devils Cheek

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 am

It should work with almost every merchant. Try Whiterun. If you don't see the option to invest with merchants there, you probably have a bug.
Karl harris

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Hello! The problem is not that I can't invest - I can - the problem is that there seems to be no effect at all with the others. I have invested in Warmaiden's and the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun - which has made absolutely no difference. Riverwood trader allows me to sell upwards of 11k gold worth of goods though and I was hoping for the same with my whiterun investments.
Sanctum

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:20 pm

I have this same problem (on PS3). I invested repeatedly with the guy in Warmaiden's, up to 10k! But he never goes above 1120 gold now. I waited and slept a WEEK's worth of time in-game and still no change. He thanks me for being a good friend. It all seems like I had invested, but the money never raises!! Grrr...
Campbell

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

Have you tried the kill-the-merchant thing? Save your game, kill the merchant, then reload the save. I know this resets their inventories, don't know if it will fix the gold though.
Meghan Terry

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I did not know the kill/save move reset their inventories. Interesting...
Marnesia Steele

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Believe it or not, the riverwood trader, from what all on this board tell me , is the one thats buggged. He is only supposed to have the same bs 500 dollar increase all the rest have. I invest the points in this every playthrough, because ive restored the guild twice, and will never grind my way through those repetitive, boring quests ever again. I need the riverwood to have that much just to get rid of the gems i get in one dungeon after prowlers profit kicks in.
Jesus Lopez

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:57 am

Yeah, the Riverwood Trader is the one that is bugged. From the perk description I wouldn't have expected every merchant to have 10-11k available for just a 500 investment.

Juliet

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

In all honesty it isn't that useful of a perk. It'd be better if it either gave you a donation of cash once a month, added rarer items to their inventories, or gave you a discount on their items. As it stands, it just gives you a little extra spending money to sell things to them down the road.

Spoiler
Personally, I usually get it for role-playing purposes, so that after I become TG leader I travel around investing to give my new group an air of somewhat legitimacy.
Benji

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 pm

+500 gold for Investor perk is a big improvement and helps a lot. It's 50% increase in the available funds. 50% increase is huge.

Riverwood +10k is a nice quirk. I still rarely go to Riverwood, because whiterun is still more convenient in many ways. You have access to many more things to buy having 7 shops open to you instead of just 2.And Arcadia is a trainer/merchant, very useful. And in whiterun, two of the shops are open 24 hours.
james tait

Post » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:27 am

Between investing in all shops and being able to sell anything to anyone speech is an awesome skill that will make you rich. I have never not had someone I invested in not have the amount of money they were supposed to have and I've never had the option to invest more than once with a given trader. Speech is one of those skills that works well with every character. If shops you invested in still have default money then your game is bugging out. When it works speech is great. I think the dialog perks are useless though.
suniti

Return to V - Skyrim