Issues with Daggerfalls "View Based" movement?

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:48 pm

I'm a very new Daggerfall player, haven't even left the first dungeon yet, but I decided to go with the view based movement system so I could better target enemies and objects.

However, I have an issue where I will sometimes access the menu (Escape Key) to save, and upon returning to the game the "mouse pointer" is still there, the movement is no longer view based, all mouse movement does is move the cursor, which means I can't attack and can't look around with the mouse, the only fix seems to be reloading DF.

Is there a way to fix this? I like to save often so I access the menu quite often.

I am using the latest version of DOSBox on Windows XP if that matters...

PS: This doesn't happen EVERY time I go to the menu, only sometimes.
Steph

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 pm

Just press enter to hide/use the pointer
Soph

Post » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:19 am

Go to the z.cfg and change controls betaplyr.dat to controls viewplyr.dat. That should do it permanently so you dont have to worry about it. If it does pop up (which it sometimes can), just hit ENTER as mentioned above.
Sista Sila

Post » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm a very new Daggerfall player, haven't even left the first dungeon yet, but I decided to go with the view based movement system so I could better target enemies and objects.

However, I have an issue where I will sometimes access the menu (Escape Key) to save, and upon returning to the game the "mouse pointer" is still there, the movement is no longer view based, all mouse movement does is move the cursor, which means I can't attack and can't look around with the mouse, the only fix seems to be reloading DF.

Is there a way to fix this? I like to save often so I access the menu quite often.

I am using the latest version of DOSBox on Windows XP if that matters...

PS: This doesn't happen EVERY time I go to the menu, only sometimes.

There is a key to hide/show the cursor. I set it to the TAB key, so I can move around in view mode, and just press tab if I want to click on a HUD button.
glot

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion