Joining the Legion (possible bug?)

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:50 am

I'm doing the intro quest for joining the Imperial Legion and hitting a bit of a snag. It sends you off to Fort Hraggstad to clear it of bandits. I had already cleared it once on my way to Solitude, and hopping back out there showed that bandits had, indeed, respawned. I cleared it a second time, but the quest won't advance.

I've cleared out the prison. I've cleared out the main building. I roamed around outside the fort looking for any sort of back/side/underground entrance and wasn't able to find anything. I hopped back and talked to the original quest giver, who tells me to hurry up and clear out the Fort. I waited in town several days, hopped back out there, and nothing. I googled, but didn't see anything noteworthy. In fact, I didn't find much of anything about the quest period, leading me to believe this is unique to me, or that I've missed a spot somewhere. I get no markers, the quest log simply says, "Clear out Fort Hraggstad".

I'd prefer to get past it legit-like, but if it is, in fact, bugged out then I'm not above cheating. I've been browsing the console cheat lists I can find, but can't find any that would help me advance my quest.

Any ideas? Apologies for what may be a dumb question; I'm sure you see your fair share here.
Alan Whiston

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 9:53 am

Sorta-bump, it hit page 3 and has been a bit. I should emphasize that I don't need help joining the legion, its the first quest that has me hung up. I probably should've titled my topic better so as not to be confused.
Nymph

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 10:04 am

I got frustrated and did some other quests. Came back this morning to see if I could respawn the bandits again and maybe complete the quest. Again, I cleared out the fort proper, the prison, and the main building with the bandit chief inside. Still not updating. Clearly I'm missing an area or something, but I've roamed around outside and looked for trap doors inside and can't find any. Anything anybody can tell me about completing this quest would be greatly appreciated. Attempting to google the problem yields many, many threads about people wanting to know which side to join. Not a lot of information out there for quest particulars, yet.

Thanks.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Hmm... I've not had this bug. Where does the Quest Marker tell you to go?

Maybe the Clairvoyance spell could help you out?
marina

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 am

Hmm... I've not had this bug. Where does the Quest Marker tell you to go?

Maybe the Clairvoyance spell could help you out?
There are no quest markers. The quest log just tells me to clear out the fort, but gives me no direction. I'm playing a straight bow thief, and so I don't have the clairvoyance spell. I'll go look for it, though. Maybe that'll help.
Blessed DIVA

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Guess I had clairvoyance already. I used it, it says "No active quests", though I have the Imperial Legion quest selected in my quest log.
Catherine N

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 5:24 am

Well, then you definitely have a bug here. I don't think it can be fixed without the console command to advance the quest to the next stage. From UESP, it should be quest CW01A, stage 100, 150, or 160. Try them in that order until it's fixed.
Crystal Clarke

Post » Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 am

Maybe I'm being thickskulled, but what's the proper way to go about using console commands to advance a quest? I was doing some google searching, and the only thing relevant I was able to find was "CompleteQuest", where you put in the ID after, I guess. Would it be CompleteQuest CW01A ? I've never had to cheat in an elder scrolls game before, so am unfamiliar with the process. I know how console commands work, I just can't seem to find a definitive list or anything.
Cash n Class

Return to V - Skyrim