[RELZ] Julan Ashlander Companion 2.0 (thread 3)

Post » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:19 am

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1467922-relz-julan-ashlander-companion-20-thread-2/

JULAN, ASHLANDER COMPANION v.2.02
-----------------------------------------

REQUIRED: Tribunal and Bloodmoon
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Morrowind Code Patch.

http://fallingawkwardly.com/files/KS_Julan_Ashlander_Companion_2.02.7z
http://fallingawkwardly.com/mods/JulanFAQ.html - Still kinda under construction. Because I'm useless. Sorry!

Introduction

This is a companion/quest mod. It started because the Morrowind Main Quest can be a lonely business. I wanted to create a companion who actually "knew" what was going on, had their own opinions and agenda concerning it, and would be interesting company on the journey. I also wanted to give a new perspective and approach to the Main Quest for those veteran players like myself who know it backwards, but still enjoy playing Morrowind.

I wanted to create someone who was more than just a silent meat shield or beast of burden, but an interesting and believable character whom the player could gradually get to know, and develop a relationship with, from initial suspicion to genuine friendship (or more, should you so choose), in a way that felt natural and unforced.

Did I succeed? I have no idea! But I did have an enormous amount of fun trying!

The Lowdown

Julan Kaushibael is a young Ashlander man you rescue from getting pasted by Daedra outside Ghostgate. He wants you to take him on as a companion in order to train him into becoming a better warrior, but it quickly becomes clear that there is something going on that he isn't telling you. As you progress through the Morrowind main quest with Julan, he gets dragged into your mission, and you get dragged into his - a tangle of secrets, lies, love, loss and betrayal.

That makes the mod sound heavier than it really is, however. I hope that above all, Julan is fun to have around, whether you're playing the Main Quest or not. He has a vast supply of snarky comments and random observations. Due to his upbringing, he possesses an odd mixture of naiveté, pride and paranoia, and is sometimes completely oblivious to how ridiculous he's being - which is unfortunate for him, as he hates being laughed at. Underneath it all, however, is a dedicated and caring person, who is desperately trying to do the right thing in the face of overwhelming odds.

No guarantee of good behaviour! Julan MAY do any or all of the following:

- Disagree with things you say or do. Expect the odd yelling match once in a while.
- Get horrendously drunk.
- Get on badly with your other travelling companions.
- Get on a little TOO well with your other travelling companions.
- Moan about the weather, the location, that he's bored, etc...
- Criticise your choice of faction or quest path.
- Make fun of your choice of headgear.

What's New for 2.0

Firstly: DON'T try to update an existing save from v. 1.3. Just don't! It won't work, and TERRIBLE things will happen! Scribs will eat out your eyes!!!

I overhauled nearly everything in one way or another, but the major new additions include:

- Commentary for the whole Tribunal Main Quest (especially effective if you take Shani too!), and also the Imperial Cult questline.
- Expanded romantic possibilities! Both Julan and Shani can be romanced by either gender, and Shani has a proper romance now... well, as "romantic" as she ever gets, anyway. Also, Julan's romance initiates slightly differently this time (and is different for both genders, by the way) so don't worry if what you expect to happen at a certain point... doesn't.
- Actually move the Ahemmusa to Ald Daedroth, and live in an Ashlandicly-decorated Daedric shrine.
- After being nagged FOREVER by all you terrible romantics, there is even a Proper Wedding for those that want such a thing. Complete with yelling, people refusing their vows, thrown objects, rogue Scamps and old ladies fainting, like all good weddings.
- If you have The Romance Mod installed, and are a female character sleeping with Julan, for Azura's sake use protection or take the consequences.
- Julan has some new dialogue for characters using Princess Stomper's Royal Chargen.
- Julan can learn many new spells, including shield-type spells for both of you in battle, summoned creatures on request, and can help you levitate, waterwalk and cast intervention spells.
- New scripts, based on Melian's work, improving following and auto-fixing that annoying walk-away-forever AI glitch that used to happen.
- Many new conversations, occurring over time, with Julan, Shani, and both of them together.
- Option to have him get knocked out instead of dying, when his health is very low. Please note: no guarantees. If he takes a large amount of damage in one hit, he will still die, so try to keep him trained, equipped and supplied with potions. If he is knocked out, you need to wait 100 seconds for him to wake up, and the timer will reset if battle sounds are heard (including non-restoration spellcasting). Rarely, he will pass out, but not actually fall over. Also, be aware that if another NPC sees you accessing his inventory while he's knocked out, you may get a bounty, and be expelled from the Ashlanders!! The knockout option is OFF by default. To turn it on, open the console and type: set ks_knockout to 1
- Can take cure poison and cure paralysis potions automatically, if you give them to him (not player made ones, though)

More stuff I've forgotten. Please see the readme for more details!

http://fallingawkwardly.com/files/KS_Julan_MRM_Patch_1.0.ESP

cosmo valerga

Post » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:54 am

From the last thread:

Just completely overlooked that bit of info... Sorry! Tonight when I play I'll try that and see what happens :D

In any case, should I go back to before I met his mother or can I continue from this point onward and met Shani later? Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure before I keep going :smile:

Thanks again!

EDIT: spelling.

Dalton Greynolds

Post » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:05 am

You can go find Shani later, no worries. It's just a convenient moment, as you're leaving Julan behind for a bit, and you need to talk to Shani without him there.

Connor Wing

Return to III - Morrowind