Jygaalag & the Daedra

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

What do you folks think of Jygaalag's freedom from his curse? Since he's the most powerful of all daedric princes, will he turn on his own fellow daedric lords for cursing him? And was it a good thing for Tamriel that this happened to Jygaalag (set free)?
Marina Leigh

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Jyggalag is the most powerful?

:turtle:
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:37 pm

Technically yes, if you believe that he was turned into SHEOG because of it. He can be considered teh most powerful because he's an Anuic Daedra, that is, he has an Anu-aligned sphere of influence: Order, or Exactness.

Who said he's "fellows" with the Daedra; the Daedra, fearful of the power an "Aedra" who didn't lend his power to the Aurbis, probably cursed him in fear of what he could do.

To answer you question concerning if its a good thing for Tamriel, no because of a reason that would probably take a long time to describe thoroughly in this post. Let's just say that because he's back why the Mundus still "exists," it's not a good thing.

Concerning what I think, as stated above, some bad crap is gonna happen. The "Sithis shaped hole" in the sky has been closed that was created by something that isn't back...yet. I think the world is about to return to Exactness, which is JYG's sphere, who last existed before time became linear. That itself is scary enough
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:19 pm

Technically yes, if you believe that he was turned into SHEOG because of it. He can be considered teh most powerful because he's an Anuic Daedra, that is, he has an Anu-aligned sphere of influence: Order, or Exactness.

:rolleyes:
Rebekah Rebekah Nicole

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:12 pm

I must respectfully disagree.

It has been said, although for the life of me I cannot find the quote, that the most powerful Daedric Prince is Nocturnal, who is an echo of the Outer Void itself.

___TWM
Juan Suarez

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:39 am

Who said he's "fellows" with the Daedra; the Daedra, fearful of the power an "Aedra" who didn't lend his power to the Aurbis, probably cursed him in fear of what he could do.

To answer you question concerning if its a good thing for Tamriel, no because of a reason that would probably take a long time to describe thoroughly in this post. Let's just say that because he's back why the Mundus still "exists," it's not a good thing.

The Daedra probably feared Jyg beacuse of what he represented. He brought the presence of stasis into a world that was supposed to embody flux.

But regardless, it was not the Daedra that cursed Jyg but Shezarr (and his creation, the Mundus).

Jyg's return is ominous. It foreshadows the soon-to-be destruction of free will (as Jyg can only exist in a predictable universe). This has grave implications for Nirn.

It has been said, although for the life of me I cannot find the quote, that the most powerful Daedric Prince is Nocturnal, who is an echo of the Outer Void itself.

___TWM

It also has been said that she just says that to scare people and make herself look more powerful and mysterious. what we do know however is that she may very well be the oldest of the Daedra (though time is jsut an illusion).
rebecca moody

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:04 am

The Daedra probably feared Jyg beacuse of what he represented. He brought the presence of stasis into a world that was supposed to embody flux.

But regardless, it was not the Daedra that cursed Jyg but Shezarr (and his creation, the Mundus).

Honestly, I knew that, but I didn't feel like saying that and then having to explain ALL of the BS that makes that make sense; I've even said that in a past thread.

I just spoke in the context of the question; it seems the OP isn't too deep into the lore yet.
Jessica White

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:09 pm

:rolleyes:

___TWM

I said IF you want to believe that's how he was "flipped" into SHEOG. I also said he CAN be, NOT that he was, though I didn't think of that bit about Nocturnal being the strongest. Once again, speaking in a context the OP can understand without blowing his or her mind. I know I hated that a little bit when people did it to me.
Courtney Foren

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:41 pm

I said IF you want to believe that's how he was "flipped" into SHEOG. I also said he CAN be, NOT that he was, though I didn't think of that bit about Nocturnal being the strongest. Once again, speaking in a context the OP can understand without blowing his or her mind. I know I hated that a little bit when people did it to me.

Not aligning with TWM here.

Caution when perpetuating such claims.
Jordan Moreno

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Not aligning with TWM here.

Caution when perpetuating such claims.

In the context of your emoticon and quote, it appeared as if you disagreed with that statement. I merely clarified my point
JaNnatul Naimah

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

What do you folks think of Jygaalag's freedom from his curse? Since he's the most powerful of all daedric princes, will he turn on his own fellow daedric lords for cursing him? And was it a good thing for Tamriel that this happened to Jygaalag (set free)?

lets just say that the next TES game should be pretty epic ;)
Saul C

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:23 pm

I don't want "epic" in the next TES, if "epic" means "plays like an action movie" (and I'm referring not to gameplay, which was fantastic, but story pacing). Oblivion was fun and all, but I want some more Morrowind-like pacing.
T. tacks Rims

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 pm

What's order other than the worst enemy of madness? What greater madness would there be than to have one's worst enemy inside your own mind?
Chad Holloway

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:26 am

I just said this in another thread, so rather than repeat it....I'll just cut and paste. (I'm getting lazy in my old age, no?)

When Redguard came out, it was a completely different way of playing the Elder Scrolls. Having recently made getting through Redguard and Daggerfall a piece-meal hobby of mine, I must say that playing Daggerfall is much better experience than the linear storyline of Redguard.

Morrowind seemed to fix that problem, and while it did not get us back to the scale of Daggerfall, TES III did allow much more player choice on character development.

Oblivion sent us backwards. While there are still some flavors from Morrowind and Daggerfall found in TES IV, there is basically no comparison. Oblivion's only claim to supremacy over what came before it is in the graphics, and I would readily trade said graphics for a return to the original characteristic that set TES games above all the others, namely nonlinear storylines, freeform character development, and a large scale world in which to foster such development.

Although many disagree with Mortazo on some of his views, I will admit to agreeing that a return to a "less bugged out version of Daggerfall" type playing style would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, that's my rant for today. And...umm......hill[consored].

___TWM
Len swann

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:08 am

Oblivion's only claim to supremacy over what came before it is in the graphics,

I also felt he combat system was better. Morrowind's and Daggerfall's combat systems just svcked.

I also thought that the new editor was better then the Morrowind editor, but I suppose that isn't technically an aspect of Oblivion.

@946000

I don't think telling the truth here will really "blow the op's mind". Its really not that hard to understand, especially if you played SI. All one has to do is recall the scene in which Dyus explains Jyg's library, and how he predicted everything to a mark.

If one excepts that Jyg's sphere was mainly predictability, and that the creation of mortals created free will for the first time, then it is easy to understand that Nirn's creation caused Sheo to mythically replace Jyg.

The only reason why Jyg resurfaces every era is beacuse SI becomes too ordered (as if it exists too long things start to settle). Thus, madness is weakened and order gains a foothold for a while until to ordered SI becomes disorganized again.
bimsy

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 am

I also thought that the new editor was better then the Morrowind editor, but I suppose that isn't technically an aspect of Oblivion.

Really? I hated almost every aspect of Oblivion's CS, its only redeeming points for me were its land and cell creation tools (which I also disliked somewhat because Bethesda gave us cookie-cutter houses that are hard to edit); it may also just be that I didn't find it user-friendly at all, I'm fluent in the MWCS but even after a year or so of playing with the OBCS I still don't know how to do certain things...
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Oblivion sent us backwards. While there are still some flavors from Morrowind and Daggerfall found in TES IV, there is basically no comparison. Oblivion's only claim to supremacy over what came before it is in the graphics, and I would readily trade said graphics for a return to the original characteristic that set TES games above all the others, namely nonlinear storylines, freeform character development, and a large scale world in which to foster such development.
___TWM

I didn't feel that Oblivion's character development was any less then Morrowind's.

Regarding Jyg, if he wants to get revenge, he'll have to find a way to bring his forces into their plane; I don't think there are any crystal obelisks in the other planes of Oblivion.
CHangohh BOyy

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:35 am

I didn't feel that Oblivion's character development was any less then Morrowind's.

Regarding Jyg, if he wants to get revenge, he'll have to find a way to bring his forces into their plane; I don't think there are any crystal obelisks in the other planes of Oblivion.

The removal of the First Stone will make invasion easier, I feel. I bet he's gonna do some major damage in TES V.
REVLUTIN

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 am

Really? I hated almost every aspect of Oblivion's CS, its only redeeming points for me were its land and cell creation tools (which I also disliked somewhat because Bethesda gave us cookie-cutter houses that are hard to edit); it may also just be that I didn't find it user-friendly at all, I'm fluent in the MWCS but even after a year or so of playing with the OBCS I still don't know how to do certain things...

Believe it or not, I actually thought it was MORE user-friendly then Morrowind's. Morrowind's CS required too much scripting. The line between creature and NPC was also really blurred, which I disliked.

One of my favorite things about ti was race creation. Since I have 0% competence in creating anything graphical, I always have to really on other people's meshes and textures when I mod. I found the race creation system to be MUCH better for someone like me. I went wild with it when I first got Oblivion.

I also liked the cell creation tools, felt the whole process was alot less time-consuming and just generally more convenient. I also liked the new array of booby-traps in the Oblivion dat files.

To each his own I guess.

Let me just say though, I was really disappointed with Oblivion after seeing the editor. All that potential...squandered.
Chloe Botham

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm

The problem with Oblvion isn't that there's anything wrong with the story, or that there's insufficient character development, or anything like that. It's that, for each given storyline, there was but one story, which was completely isolated from every other story, Oblivion wasn't a single game, the way Morrowind was; it was more like five (plus SI plus KoTN). For example, Oblivion's Fighters Guild had only one potential story, and no relation to any other guild. MW's Fighter's Guild had extra quests, meaning you could skip a few if you wanted, meaning, if you wanted, you could rise in the Fighters Guild even if you refused to turn on the Thieves Guild... and the two were very much intertwined. There was also Mages/Telvanni, and possibly other intertwinings I never discovered, which is probably the best part about all of this.

Also, there were more factions.
Tyler F

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:26 pm

What do you folks think of Jygaalag's freedom from his curse? Since he's the most powerful gullible of all daedric princes, will he turn on his own fellow daedric lords for cursing him? And was it a good thing for Tamriel that this happened to Jygaalag (set free)?

There, fixed it for you.
bimsy

Post » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:24 pm

wait... ar we discusing the implications of Jygs return or the merits of MWs gameplay?
Bad News Rogers

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion