[WIP REL] Katixas Ciderhouse Restaurant

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:10 am

Hi,

This mod allows you to run your own business in Skyrim, in this case, a Ciderhouse.

MAIN FEATURES
--------------------
- Brew your cider, cook food, and earn money with customers.
- Harvest fruit from apple-trees.
- 9 cider barrels, each one with its own fermentation process.
- Bottling machine.
- Ability to open or close the ciderhouse to customers.
- Maintenance area to open or close each barrel.
- Notebook with your personal notes for tracking barrel status and other information.
- Place orders for meat, fish, bottles, etc...
- Get orders to sell bottled cider (jarls, tavers, citizens...).

Changelog:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l843anqqg0651fr/KatixasCiderhouseChangelog.txt

QUICK START
---------------------
The Ciderhouse is located right outside Whiterun, next to the Battle-Born farm area. Inside the ciderhouse you will find a journal. It will explain a bit the ciderhouse history, and some basics of how the system works. After this, you will get to control it. Keep in mind that until you read this journal, you can't place orders, receive orders, or open the ciderhouse to customers, as it's not yours.

CIDER BREWING
---------------------
You first need apples. You can get them harvesting your own trees (each one gives 8 apples per day), or get them adventuring around (shops, dungeons, etc.).

Apples will need to be placed in the apple press. When activated, it will create apple juice. This process takes one day. After this is completed, you can move the juice to the decanter. The decanting process takes 2 days. Once finished, you can move the liquid to fermentation. To do this you will need to open the barrels.

FERMENTATION BARRELS
---------------------
You own 9 barrels, each with a unique name. Fermentation process takes 5 days. Before using the valve that moves liquid from decanter to barrels, you will need to open an empty barrel, or it will fail.

BOTTLING
---------------------
On the ciderhouse basemant there is a bottling machine. It's filled with cider using 9 pipes coming from the barrels at the ciderhouse. You can open the valves you want individually. Cider contained on the barrels (if any) will be moved to bottling machine. Also, you will need to place empty cider bottles on the machine. Activate it and if everything is OK (you have cider and empty bottles), the machine will bottle the cider.

FOOD
---------------------
You can cook food at the kitchen, using the places designed for this (for now, the grill / oven). This food will allow you to earn money, as it's consumed by customers, as long as the ciderhouse is open, of course. Food cooked using the default system is not recognized by this mod, so you have to use the oven, because it allows you to select what to cook, and it's added to the ciderhouse menu inventory (the one the customers will use).

ORDERS FOR BUYING AND SELLING
--------------------------------------------------
You can place orders for food, bottles, etc... at different merchants, and the goods will be delivered directly at the ciderhouse. Please read the journal at ciderhouse for more information on this.

Also, you can receive orders to buy cider bottles. Orders can be checked using the notebook inside the ciderhouse. Once you know the orders, you can go outside to the delivery boxes and serve the orders, as long as you have the requested amount of cider bottles.

CASH REGISTER / STRONGBOX
---------------------
This strongbox is located under the main counter. When used, it will contain the gold gathered from customers. They will consume an amount of food per day, so as long as you have something cooked, it will mean profit. You don't need to gather this gold daily, as it will be cumulative, so you can continue adventuring in Skyrim while the ciderhouse produces gold.

OPEN / CLOSE CIDERHOUSE
-------------------------------------------
Right outside the ciderhouse, next to the main door, there's a small sign, represented by a toy-barrel, that allows you to open or close the ciderhouse. There are no official schedules, so you may keep it open 24/7/365, or close it whenever you want. A closed ciderhouse will not have any income, meaning that even if you have 2000 cooked venison chops, you will not sell any.

You can cook a big batch of venison chops and leave the ciderhouse open. Also, leaving it open without food inventory, won't have any negative effects, meaning that you won't lose money at all. For now, the only reason for closing it would be because you set your own schedules, or because you want to be left alone inside (to sleep, decorate, etc.)

If you end up trying this, I would appreciate any comments on bugs or things not working.
Thanks, and enjoy!
Brandon Wilson

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:28 am

This is a cool modification, I like this idea, well done! :happy: Being able to order items for example is something I've desired since I first played Oblivion.
Courtney Foren

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:32 am

Thanks!

Just edited the main post with the links for Nexus and Workshop, and the latest update information.
Spaceman

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Congrats on the release, this looks really nice. I'll download it tonight. I've definitely felt the need for this sort of mod, one that lets the player make decisions that are more "managerial" in fashion and economics-driven.

I like the idea of upgrades as well, that's always fun. I look forward to seeing what you have planned!
Mrs shelly Sugarplum

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:09 am

Hi, I just uploaded the RC3 to Steam Workshop and Nexus with the following changes:

1.0.0 RC3
- Updated journal with more details (keep it as some kind of manual!).
- Some spelling corrections on the journal (thanks mjharper!).
- Meat vendor now sells Raw Beef.
- Battle-Born and Pelagia farm now sell wheat flour, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Now you can cook beef into beef steaks.
- Now you can bake bread.
- Customers now consume 20 venison chops (same as before) + 12 beef steaks + 30 bread, per day.
- Removed secondary cooking device and replaced with an oven (grill).
- Added some barrels and a chest at the kitchen, to store different food supplies (better for orders).
- Lightning redone. More static lights (candles, lamps). Darkened the place.
- Torches replaced with torch sconces. You can remove torches if you want it darker, or when closing the place.
- Replaced noble chairs with common chairs (to fit current decoration and to prepare for future upgrade options).

As always, I appreciate any bug reports if you give this a try
Thanks.
DAVId Bryant

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 am

What a neat idea, many thanks! :thumbsup:

Do you plan on doing other businesses as well?
Jeff Turner

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:01 am

What a neat idea, many thanks! :thumbsup:

Do you plan on doing other businesses as well?

Hey,

Well, I don't know if stuff similar to this, but yes, I have some trader related stuff in mind.

Thanks.
Jessica Nash

Return to V - Skyrim