Keybindings

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:39 am

Okay I have two questions about key bindings

1. Is it possible to bind a key that will save, sane make a new save file?(not quick save)

2. Is it possible to rebind Middle Mouse Button(Clicking down on my mouse wheel) to another key, since that is my ventrilo button and every time i talk, it puts me in 3rd person freelook

Thanks,
Archey
brenden casey

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:38 am

1. With NVSE on the PC, yes. There are already mods for it.

2. Yes. But only with the pressing of the wheel as a button. You can bind another function to that button, or simply remove the function from it. However, you cannot stop the game from switching to 3rd Person if you scroll the wheel rather than pushing it.
amhain

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:41 pm

1. With NVSE on the PC, yes. There are already mods for it.

2. Yes. But only with the pressing of the wheel as a button. You can bind another function to that button, or simply remove the function from it. However, you cannot stop the game from switching to 3rd Person if you scroll the wheel rather than pushing it.

Where can i get NVSE? And yeah i just want to change the bind of the function. How can i do so?
John Moore

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 am

Go to Settings, Controls, Action Mapping, Device (on the bottom right), then make sure "Change View" is set to nothing by clicking on the word "wheel" next to it and hitting the ESC key.

NVSE is http://nvse.silverlock.org

Make sure to read all the instructions.

Here is the mod I was referring to: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38276
Chloe :)

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:18 am

Go to Settings, Controls, Action Mapping, Device (on the bottom right), then make sure "Change View" is set to nothing by clicking on the word "wheel" next to it and hitting the ESC key.

NVSE is http://nvse.silverlock.org

Make sure to read all the instructions.

Here is the mod I was referring to: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38276

thanks!
Michelle davies

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:57 pm

i know this probably isnt the place to post, but you seem to know what you're doing

i dont get these steps

[quote]2. Launch NV as you normally would via Steam. Note that the "Enable Steam Community In-Game" option must be enabled in the "In-Game" tab of the Steam options for NVSE to work correctly.

Scripts written with these new commands must be created via the G.E.C.K. after it is launched via nvse_loader. Open a command prompt window, navigate to your NV install direcory, and type "nvse_loader -editor". Alternately you can create a shortcut to nvse_loader.exe, open the properties window and add "-editor" to the Target field. The normal editor can open plugins with these extended scripts, but it cannot recompile them and will give errors if you try.
[\quote]

i run it like normal, but what else do i do?
ezra

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:36 am

As a user, all you have to do is drop the files in the right directory (same one that FalloutNV.exe and FalloutNVLauncher.exe is in), go into your Steam Library, right-click the Fallout: New Vegas entry, choose Properties from the bottom of the list, and make sure "Enable Steam Community In-Game" is marked as "on" (has a tick mark). The option is halfway down the first tab of the properties pop-up (labelled "General").

After that, the game will automatically load NVSE. If you wish to confirm, you can open the console in the game and type "GetNVSEVersion" (without the quotes). If NVSE is working correctly it will return a number ("1" at the moment). If it is not working it will return an error.

The rest of that is if you are using the game editor (the GECK) to create a mod which uses NVSE. If not, don't worry about that part.
meghan lock

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:29 am

is there a save mod like that for fallout 3?
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Return to Fallout: New Vegas