Keyboard and Mouse stop working [HELP?]

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:00 pm

I was looting some enemies in the start of the game, I paused to look over the gear and randomly when going though menus the mouse and keybord stopped responding. It keeps happening every time after a few mins of playing.

i am using no mods. I am on windows 7. I do not have a controller plugged in. My sound drivers are all updated, I associated .wav and .mp3 files with WindowsMediaPlayer. I think its related to the music as the game works fine without it. I have Realtek Hd audio manger

I have heard it has to do with a codec issue, so I have the K-lite codec pack (in the pinned unofficial thread) BUT its full of VIRUSES

I reset my pc, verified the files, edited the .ini file, tried window mode, run the .exe as admin (which causes a crash while playing) and reinstalled the game 6 times now but still have the problem. Once when the problem happened I was still able to move my mouse, but wasnt able to click anything, and the keyboard was not responding. The game is not frozen, because when this happens outside the menu the afk camera starts circling my character.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

EDIT: I disabled Music from the .INI file bMusicEnabled=0 and the game works, but how can I play with music?

victoria gillis

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:25 am

Do you have a joystick or other controller hooked up to the computer?
Betsy Humpledink

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:44 am

No, I do not.

Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:36 am

EDIT: Playing without sound or music enbaled from the .ini file, I no longer have the problem. Now the question is, how to fix that?

Seriously, it works when I set both to 0, but i want sound and music. How can I fix this?

I think its related to a codec issue but I downloaded the codec mentioend and it changed nothing.

Holli Dillon

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:50 pm

bump

Jonathan Egan

Return to IV - Oblivion