Killcam Issues and Menu Music Problem

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:43 am

Hey everyone,

I am noticing that the killcam seems to have some serious issues. Very rarely does the audio sync up to the video. The volume of the killcam also seems to be noticeably louder than the actual gameplay itself. Has anyone else noticed this? There also seems to be the peculiar issues of being able to skip the killcams (as far as I know you can't?).

Also, I am having audio issues. The menu music will commonly become very distorted and start to stutter. This also happens with the music during the game (so I have just turned it off). This only happens in the multiplayer menu, or a multiplayer game, not during single player campaign mode.

I played the beta for a few hours and it really doesn't seem like anything has been addressed (unfortunately).

That being said, I love the single player. No framerate issues, really interesting story and the nano suit is just plain awesome.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the game so far (the singleplayer at least).

-terance
Luis Longoria

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:36 am

agreed the killcam is off by a few seconds and rarely shows what actuly happend
Destinyscharm

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:43 pm

I'm enjoying multiplayer... just getting used to it, but so far I'm liking it pretty good.

Multiplayer is far better than what that demo showed... graphics are better, I've had zero connection problems even with like 2 bars in every match so far. Maps are pretty decent size and it's not a quick twitch COD style, which is refreshing.

That music issue is kinda annoying though, I have the music turned off as well... only one segment of the music that plays comes through MUCH LOUDER and very distorted, to the point where even at a low setting it can drown out microphone pvssyr.

Killcam does seem to have some issues, but I don't really care all that much. Killcam isn't make or break territory.

No complaints about the game really... it's nowhere near as bad as Black Ops was when it came out and people just insisted on playing that every day. Not sure why minor issues turn some people off completely from Crysis 2. No game is gonna be perfect.
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:11 pm

Does the music only play during multiplayer mode? I've only played campaign.. Thanks

If so i do i turn it on
Calum Campbell

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:29 pm

Unfortunately, I don't feel that the killcam and the menu music are all that is wrong with the multiplayer.

Having played the other AAA shooters (let's exclude black ops, because it was terrible) of the past year it is nice to see something like crysis. As in the single player, multiplayer makes you think before you enter a situation - go in guns blazing and you probably won't last long. I think the gameplay itself is genuinely great, the multiplayer just does not feel complete.

Most importantly, it seems like framerate has been sacraficed for visuals (which really are nothing to write home about) and in multiplayer this is a problem. I can't help but feel that given the other shooters out there, that this is all Crytek was able to accomplish with the PS3 version of the game.

That being said, the game is a refreshing take on the first person shooter. The single player environment is great and it lets the player choose if/when he or she wants to enter combat and really does not seem to have any technical issues to speak of (I am about an hour or so in).

Anyways, here is to hoping said issues get fixed.

- terance
Mariana

Post » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:48 am

There does seem to be music in the multiplayer portion of the game. I had noticed it in the beta and found it odd, I can't really think of any other multiplayer fps games which have that in the multiplayer component (unless its an audio queue to inform the player the game is ending or something like that).

It seems to help stabilize the framerate (a little) if you turn it off. (maybe that's just placebo?)
KU Fint

Return to Crysis