Level 4 Merchants Working or not?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:57 am

I'm on PS4 and the Scribe now works. Smiling Larry, Doc Anderson and Ron Staples never show up, no matter how long I wait for them.

My nephew on Xbox One had got them all stationed and working. None of them have disappeared on him.

So, what's the deal? Are they broke on PlayStation and fine on XBox? Is he just really lucky? Anyone get them all working on PS4?
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Actually that's the first time I have heard anyone getting them all to work. Most of them are screwy. If I had to guess, he is mistaken on them being there.

Princess Johnson

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:06 pm

I say some of them are still messy, I had them all by using game commands. Now Smiling Larry can be seen downtown and other places. I have by now set them all essential, so I don't care much where they are. They who got assigned to shops seems to stay, but then I avoid the spawnings points where they may spawns if youre nearby.

Cheers,

-Klevs

CArla HOlbert

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:33 am

I still find it strange they patch a harmless glitch like the shipment glitch yet 4 months after launch we still can't get all level 4 vendors.

priscillaaa

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:43 pm

I could have sworn they explained that awhile back ago. That it the glitch was basically a side effect of a larger problem they took care of. They didn't specify what sort of problem though.

renee Duhamel

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:03 pm

No blood on the ice fix make creeper go something something.. seriously though yeah it is strange until you remember, this is a Bethesda game. :brokencomputer:

Aman Bhattal

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 am

Well I can verify they are still messed up bad on my PS4 game. They did mention something about the Scribe in 1.4. I could never get him either, until the patch. He's fine for me now, but those other three, definitely not good.
DarkGypsy

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm

i'm on pc.

For my game smiling Larry and the Scribe were encountered at random points as road walkers.

I got The Scribe before the patch by using the console because after meeting him he didn't turn up.

I followed him for a few paces and he would just disappear.

I got Smiling Larry successfully recruited post patch the way the game originally intended.

He walked all the way and I was able to follow him which was fun because he went the long way round passing a number of enemy bases and engaging in fighting.

In my game Doc Anderson and Ron Staples appear at a number of campsites around the map where other random encounters occur.

I was able to successfully recruit both of them and both are tending their assigned stores.

However I also see them at the campsites from time to time even though they are supposed to be at settlements.

I discovered that if i don't talk to them at the campsites they remain assigned to their stall at the settlement.

One time when i talked to the Doc at a campsite she disappeared from the settlement, so i loaded a save and avoid talking to them when they appear at campsites.

One thing i note for my games is that meeting Smiling Larry and the Scribe as random encounters is a much rarer occurrence than meeting the other two you mention.

Danger Mouse

Return to Fallout 4