Levelled loot in dungeons

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 am

This is probably going to sound a touch petulent and angsty, although I want to qualify it by saying that Bethesda is my favourite developer, and that I think that their RPGs are far, far superior to the more action-oriented fare served up by the likes of BioWare these days... and that probably sounded a bit petulant as well. So, to get to the point of this rather obtuse post: in Morrowind one of the main joys for me was trudging through a dungeon in order to snag a unique piece of loot. You could almost guarantee in Morrowind that a dungeon-crawl would be richly rewarded with something awesome hidden inside. In Oblivion (DISCLAIMER: I LOVED OBLIVION), this joy was not to be found as the loot was, largely, levelled. Please re-introduce unique loot in dugeons for Skyrim! Thank you.
benjamin corsini

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:14 am

And going into dungeons in Oblivion wasn't rewarding anyhow. Since you'd get a bigger load of the same leveled loot by just looking up the nearest random bandits on the paths anyhow.
chirsty aggas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:26 am

I think there are many many issues with levelling which'll hopefully be ultimately resolved in this.

The key thing is - make people accept that there will be areas to which they should not go until they are of a higher level, because there will be big horrible things there that will kill them in seconds. The scaled levelling takes all the challenge out of adventuring and treasure hunting.
JLG

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:26 am

In oblivion it was definately possible to find worthwile stuff, there just wasn't enough unique stuff. It happened more than once that I found 2 robes of deflection in the same dungeon. I don't really mind levelled loot too much, as long as there's enough unique leveled loot and as long as it doesn't include glass armour on high level bandits. But then again levelled loot is directly related to levelled enemies. If enemies level less with you, then the loot does too, so then part of the problem is solved already.
maria Dwyer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am

Level some, but not all loot.

To an even lesser extent, level some, but not all enemies (as in: by far most enemies should not be leveled). -- I should never enter a dungeon full of bandits in glass and marauders in Daedric. Certain things need to be kept rare.
ezra

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

I think there are many many issues with levelling which'll hopefully be ultimately resolved in this.

The key thing is - make people accept that there will be areas to which they should not go until they are of a higher level, because there will be big horrible things there that will kill them in seconds. The scaled levelling takes all the challenge out of adventuring and treasure hunting.

ah that was one thing I missed from morrowind actually

when I was new, sneaking into a dungeon I had no buisness being in, sneaking past some really mean baddies, taking some loot, breaking my cover and running my ass off hoping they didn't catch me

uh basically no I don't like levelled well anything
Kelsey Hall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:07 am

I want them to make them harder and with better loot, the further you get from cities. And quests to be static, not adjust to your level. :)
Rhiannon Jones

Return to V - Skyrim