r_lightscale 2 = "improved lightning my a...."

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:37 pm

It looks great on my big screen HD Telly on the XBox 360.
I bet it does, if you haven't played the original PC version. The original looks better overall. Not just that, but even with how "great" the BFG: Edition may look on your big tv, the textures will still be blurry as hell. With the original PC Doom3, there are HD texture packs that actually make the game worthy of such a big tv.
FITTAS

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:54 pm

It seems that there's actually a new command to the game called r_overbright that makes game brighter with glowie effects! r_lightscale has nothing to do with that!
MY BAD! :blush:
Your Mum

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:28 am

It seems that there's actually a new command to the game called r_overbright that makes game brighter with glowie effects! r_lightscale has nothing to do with that!
No problem though, they still didn't improve the lighting.

I saw already the 1080p hd video of gameplay comparing the original to the BFG: Edition. The lighting still looks cheap, and overly bright now. Funny, how the command says "overbright" and the lighting is indeed overly bright, lol :laugh:
Claire Vaux

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:46 am

:biggrin: My link is good :) I say the In the console change "r_overbright 2.0" to "r_overbright 1.0" for normal lighting :biggrin:

Ohh and My question is : when I set My FOV to 90 and I set My r_overbright to 1.0 then I can earn achivements in steam ?
Mike Plumley

Post » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 pm

I bet it does, if you haven't played the original PC version. The original looks better overall. Not just that, but even with how "great" the BFG: Edition may look on your big tv, the textures will still be blurry as hell. With the original PC Doom3, there are HD texture packs that actually make the game worthy of such a big tv.

You can find blurry textures in "Doom 3" on your XBox if you stop playing the game and push your character's face up real close against some of the surfaces.

When you're playing it's not really something you'll notice.

I had the original on the PC and the XBox 360 version is much better but remember that the original "Doom 3" came out in 2004.

Az
Juanita Hernandez

Post » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 am

:biggrin: My link is good :smile: I say the In the console change "r_overbright 2.0" to "r_overbright 1.0" for normal lighting :biggrin:

Ohh and My question is : when I set My FOV to 90 and I set My r_overbright to 1.0 then I can earn achivements in steam ?
You mean you can't earn achivments? Yhea that's true....coz in Rage you can change fov and still get achivments!
Should be fixed by id!
helliehexx

Previous

Return to Othor Games