A tip, sharp and cold

Skin and heart cleft

Sword still uphold

Thick red life left

A deed loyal and cruel

Order, oath, obey

The slave freed from rule

Fight, fly, free

Hello there, this is my very first post here in the TES forum or in any forum actually. I thought this should be the right place to post it.

This little poem was to be an Elder Scrolls related story, but it turned out to be rather generally applicable. Nevertheless I decided to share it with the forum users and the occasional Internet-Traveler who lands here.

English is not my first language, so it might be I misused some words in the poem above. If so, i'd appreciate someone pointing it out to avoid future mistakes. The same goes with important poem "customs" in the english language that i got wrong (it's my first poem in english).

Thank you for reading (and perhaps commenting on) my poem. :)

Now if you're interested in how this poem is related to The Elder Scrolls, let me explain:

Spoiler
The original image i thought of before writing it is a fight between an Imperial soldier (She) and a rebelling Khajiiti prisoner/slave (He). It takes place on a sunny day in a city/village/mine in the deserts of Elsweyr. With this poem i wanted to capture but one single moment, one blink of an eye, the very moment before one fighter pierces (and ultimately kills) his/her enemy with a sword. The rest I leave to you to interpret. If there is interest in more insight in my thinking I might answer someday, but I do not want to bore you with more explanations here and now.

Chloe :)

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion