Living at Castle Volkihar

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 pm

I know that you can sleep at Castle Volkihar, but i remember them saying that you can make these place's your dwelling. Does Harkons room become yours? will i be able to store things there and seriously live there or was it just the fact that i can sleep here? I would like to know the answer to this question, i have alot of armor and weapons in my inventory at the moment and if i dont have to spend money on a house i would rather not.

Thanks
Darren

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:28 am

I completed the Dawnguard quest and they never formally said you can have the fortress. All I can do is sleep in the resting room and safely store my items in the chest. It also has an enchanting table, alchemy table, and forge. So I guess it's like a home, even know it's not officially labeled a home.
Matthew Warren

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:16 pm

im assuming we get harkons room,but nothing was ever said.
and also there is no chest in harkons room and i would like to store my stuff at the castle volkihar.
Hannah Barnard

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Well you are now addressed as the slayer of Harkon and proclaimed Lord of the castle so I assume yes the castle is technically yours. There are however no special perks to being Lord other than radiant quests and various NPCs noting your power in defeating Harkon. The castle has a forge, enchanting table, alchemy table, and portal to Soul Cairn. Other than that you can't really upgrade it. I really wish they did something with the cathedral though, it seems like there is a shrine to Molag Bal as a fountain of blood, but you can't interact with it in anyway.

There are several display cases in the Lord's chambers, as well as wardrobes, however as par with the Dawnguard bias there is no mannequin, unlike Fort Dawnguard.
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:00 pm

I completed the Dawnguard quest and they never formally said you can have the fortress. All I can do is sleep in the resting room and safely store my items in the chest. It also has an enchanting table, alchemy table, and forge. So I guess it's like a home, even know it's not officially labeled a home.

The chest under the desk? How long have you left your stuff in there, i dont want to leave stuff in there and it vanish lol.
Anna S

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:41 am

you cant tell you wife too move their...so no?
Penny Wills

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm

for dawnguard theres a room uptop that basicly is yours
Cameron Wood

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:41 am

It's sort of just implied.
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Some players are cool with just moving into anywhere they like with a usable bed and safe storage... I'm not one of them.

I like the game to be very specific that a house is mine and safe and here's the key move the wife right on in.

I seem to recall the company specifically referring to the castles as acquirable player dwellings but the game itself is pretty vague about it and there are unsafe containers etc.
That said, the castles (particularly the vamp one) are more like citadels in Skyrim's structure scale, the vamp castle is pretty much a town with a notable population so you're sharing that space with a lot of other people... stuff can easily go missing y'know?

But it severely limits customization potential if every time you try to decorate the main hall npcs keep nicking your stuff.
That's another big reason why I couldn't consider it my home, no purchasable upgrades either.
~Sylvia~

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 am

I remember waching a Todd Howard interview and he basically said you can upgrade the castle/fortress that goes along with the side you choose....... Qua happened to that ? Cuz I beat the whole quest libe and I can't do anything of the sort ..........
Campbell

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 am

Somebody posted in another thread that bethesda took that out before the beta launched. Rumor? perhaps. still mad
Lyndsey Bird

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 am

Oooh well Tht svcks if they did! Cuz I think it would of been better with it still in the dlc.
john palmer

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:34 pm

something had to make them take it out. Wonder why, because in oblivion you could buy items/upgrades for dlc strongholds
Nuno Castro

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:04 am

on a second note i put some salt piles in all the wardrobes and the chest under the desk and went and did the entire theives guild quest line. How long does it take for somthing to dissapear when you put it in a chest that would not hold your stuff??

Thanks
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:21 pm

you cant tell you wife too move their...so no?

That doesn't mean anything. You can't move your wife to the DB sanctuary but that's still a Player Home.
Kevin S

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 pm

I remember waching a Todd Howard interview and he basically said you can upgrade the castle/fortress that goes along with the side you choose....... Qua happened to that ? Cuz I beat the whole quest libe and I can't do anything of the sort ..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ne1fVhvL00 just watch it
OnlyDumazzapplyhere

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm

If you go to the top floor you have your own room with a chest and mannequins.
Natalie Taylor

Post » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:50 pm

They said something about "now that the castle is yours ..." They asked me if i wanted to unblock the courtyard entrance n that was it ....
Jason King

Return to V - Skyrim