LKHAN at the WotFC (Red Mountain) and its Enantiomorph

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 pm

According to "The Five Songs...", in the last part that talks with (almost) unbiased BS, it speaks as if Lorkhan was there in Red Mountain and was slain by Nerevar, which in turn would give him the name "Godkiller," correct? The way I see it, there would be no other reason to give Nerevar (NOT the Nerevarine; let's clear that up now) the title of Godkiller as the PGE Third Edition does.

If LKHAN was TRULY there, this would alter the War of the First Council's Enantiomorph, would it not?
chirsty aggas

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:48 pm

That text named Wulfharth as Lorkhan, if I'm not mistaken.
Sophie Miller

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:58 am

That text named Wulfharth as Lorkhan, if I'm not mistaken.

Wulfharth is a separate player in the text. He dies early on. Lorkhan is explained as needing time to recover himself on gaining the heart. He's not solid. More like a ghost.

Sul struck down Wulfharh, but Wulfharth shouted him blind. Dagoth-Ur struck down Dumac, but not before Dumac struck Lorkhan's heart with Sunder. Nerevar struck down Dagoth Ur but was struck by Lorkhan. He feigned death and then struck Lorkhan. This gave time to cut out Lorkhan's heart again.

As for corrupted Enantiomorphs, I have no idea what that means. There's an interplay of dualities or there isn't. And there can be more than one going at once.
Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:58 am

The Doom Drum

Nerevar carried Keening, a dagger made of the sound of the shadow of the moons. His champions were Dumac Dwarfking, who carried a hammer of divine mass, and Alandro Sul, who was the immortal son of Azura and wore the Wraith Mail. They met Lorkhan at the last battle of Red Mountain. Lorkhan had his Heart again, but he had long been from it, and he needed time. Wulfharth met Sul but could not strike him, and he fell from grievous wounds, but not before shouting Sul blind. Dagoth-Ur met Dumac and slew him, but not before Sunder struck his lord's Heart. Nerevar turned away from Lorkhan and struck down Dagoth-Ur in rage, but he took a mortal wound from Lorkhan in turn. But Nerevar feigned the death that was coming early and so struck Lorkhan with surprise on his side. The Heart had been made solid by Sunder's tuning blow and Keening could now cut it out. And it was cut out and Lorkhan was defeated and the whole ordeal was thought over.

Jade Muggeridge

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:19 am

As for corrupted Enantiomorphs, I have no idea what that means. There's an interplay of dualities or there isn't. And there can be more than one going at once.

Eh, poor choice of words on my part; meant to say that "the Enantiomorph that is claimed to have happened in Red Mountain is different then, right?"

I still have full trouble remembering that a Enantiomorph even happened there, but that could just be poor memory.
SWagg KId

Post » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Now the 1 million doller question is....if theres more then one Enantiomorph going on at the same time. Who's who in each one?

And even better...why not a 3rd?

Theres another 3 people at that battle not mentioned in that version of the story.

Nevar Vivec Lorkan
Dumac Almexia Dagoth Ur
Sul Sil Wulf

3 its the magic number.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:48 am

Now the 1 million doller question is....if theres more then one Enantiomorph going on at the same time. Who's who in each one?

And even better...why not a 3rd?

Theres another 3 people at that battle not mentioned in that version of the story.
Nevar Vivec Lorkan
Dumac Almexia Dagoth Ur
Sul Sil Wulf

3 its the magic number.

Thats a bit broken to me, mainly because an Enantiomorph employs 4, not 3: 2 men, a female, and a witness, basically.
Anna Watts

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:23 am

Thats a bit broken to me, mainly because an Enantiomorph employs 4, not 3: 2 men, a female, and a witness, basically.

Four roles, but not necessarily four people. Four has never been a significant number in ES, unlike three.
Wane Peters

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:56 am

crazy thought here, but if you need four for each morph....

Those 9 individuals alternating roles in musical Enantiomorphs. Almost like a flicker effect as it plays out when the music stops you assume a role. This would allow each and all to be and not be. Almost like...the spokes on the wheel (8 and 1).

like I said, crazy thought. Not really takeing it anywhere.
Enie van Bied

Post » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:43 am

Four roles, but not necessarily four people. Four has never been a significant number in ES, unlike three.

What is important is the observer. The TES world makes FLAGRANT use of superposition. Superposition is decomposed when observed. The witness does the observing, the act of which decomposes the waveform.

EG-- Superman and Klark Kent are both the same being. The form that Superman/Klark is in cannot be both at once, but logically it is so. This seperation is performed by the observer, who sees either Klark Kent, or Superman in his superman outfit.

The Enentiomorph between EG--- Auniel and Lorkhan-- is decomposed by the witnesses-- Which is why now you have Men and Mer, and the like. The consequences of variable fate being measured by an observer. The observer witnesses the superposition being decomposed, and often times cannot handle the mental stress this causes.
Hayley O'Gara

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion