ED-E Lonesome Road showstopper bug

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 pm

When I start Lonesome Road, I enter the silo, head to the right and spot good ol' ED-E in a pod. Unlocking the pod lets him jump out and initiate conversation.
After telling him I'd love to have him along, he beeps excitedly... then does abolutely squat-all.

He hovers in place, slowly turning to face me as if trying to path-find, but does not move.
I can still interact through companion wheel and speak with him, but he will not follow, nor interact with any terminals/controls - as required by the game for me to proceed with the DLC.

I've tried opening the console and trying a few random commands I dug up, and the only thing that seems to wake him up is "resurrect" and only for about a second or so - then he returns to his lazy, floating eye-bot coma.

I have already tried the following:
  • verified the cache,
  • running no mods,
  • Loaded a previous save and re-entered The Divide.

This is a showstopper, as I cannot continue without him. I did discover somewhere on some random forum that someone else is having the same problem -> http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959559-fallout-new-vegas/62453826
This seems to be recent, as that post was made on the fourth of this month. That individual also seems to have tried the same things I have, to no avail.

Please help - anybody?
Stephanie I

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 8:04 am

Update:

Tried "waiting" for a few hours, which kick-started him somehow.
However, for the entire Hopeville Silo, nothing attacked me. The Sentry Bots spoke, showed up as threats on the HUD and were "breathing", but I could walk right up to them and punch them to death. Turrets, same thing.

Then, when I exited, ED-E initiated a conversation with Ulysses for me, and then followed me for a short distance until I entered combat with the closest Marked Man... and now he is back to his old tricks. Will not move. The Marked Men appear to be working fine, but ED-E is floating around doing nothing.

Waiting isn't fixing it this time, and I did forget to mention in my first post I thought he might be stuck on terrain, but moving him to me isn't working either - in both instances.

Please, can someone help me here??!??! This is frustration distilled. Getting pretty annoyed here.
Daramis McGee

Post » Fri May 04, 2012 3:29 am

After through travelling various areas, ED-E switched between the two behaviours.

Eventually I finished the DLC, but the misbehaviour of the companion detracted from it so much that it was unbelieveable. Even when he did move, as soon as I entered combat with something, he'd 'freeze up' again.

Hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem then they can get help. I know I didn't enjoy it.
Zach Hunter

Return to Fallout: New Vegas