Lost Planet (PC Steam)

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:21 pm

So I bought Lost Planet over the weekend on steam while it was 5 bucks. I played it when it originally came out and thought that I must have it, I mean I spend 5 bucks for lunch; surely this game was more enjoyable then most lunches. I must say, Capcom has made an astounding game, with appropriate story. The pleasure stops there though:

Capcom has done an extremely horrid job on this monstrosity of coding. The game feels like they did the minimal amount of work just to get it running on the windows platform, some people get crashes on start, I've had it crash during multiple times whether during or after a boss fight, and the multiplayer only works if you sacrifice your first born to Satan. I must say, this should be the example of what not to do.

With multiplayer only working for perhaps 50% of the people who own it, multiple crashes, and the absence of the colonies edition from steam I truly wonder if the game was indeed worth 5 bucks. The game needs co-op (something being added in lost planet 2) along with a better lobby system or even dedicated servers. Hopefully Capcom can address these issues in a patch or even in Lost Planet 2 and actually treat us Computer Users like first class customers.

/end rant

A lesson for any developer to learn I suppose, any comments/thoughts? :) Image
|Lockon!|
brandon frier

Return to Othor Games