MacCready isn't giving me the Med-Tek password...

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:34 pm

He refuses to help me when we're right there at the terminal... Why is hee whining about his sick son when he doesn't give me the password? Bugged or did I do something wrong?

Nadia Nad

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:57 pm

Glitch.

Do you have a save from just before entering the building?

Adam Porter

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:05 pm

I quick saved it before entering, but I'm afraid that it already was saved over it somewhere inside... I should check, would it be something that saves me?

Lou

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:10 pm

I've not experienced this one myself, but I have seen people saying that reverting to a save before entering the building can fix it.

Jerry Jr. Ortiz

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:03 am

What quest is that? (Name of the quest)

luis dejesus

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:33 am

The one he gives you if you're with him long enough. I'm not really sure what the name is.

Ells

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:57 am

Then look at your journal! :P

Kelly John

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:52 am

The quest is called: The Long Road Ahead! I'm not trying to be an [censored], since you may never have played many Bethesda games before, but you should always try to load a previous save a few times before posting about a bug. Not to mention, you should make multiple different save slots and alternate between them every 20 minutes or so, when you save. Everyone is going to run into glitches with this game, I had one at the end of: The Big Dig where Bobbi wouldn't take to me at the end to blow off the roof. I had to push her around until she eventually went into the right grid-square I guess and started talking to me. So what I'm saying is try everything, maybe even dismiss him and take him back, leave the area and come back in. If nothing works, well then, you'll need to load a previous save even if it's 4 hours before, if you really want to complete that quest.

One big note you need to know! MacCready's Kill Shot perk is glitches, gives you a 2000% headshot bonus chance instead of 20%. That's really kinda ruining the whole game for me, so I wouldn't of maxed him out had I known this.
Rachyroo

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:51 pm

OK, this glitch is cataloged as an PS4 bug, even so - the only workaround is to: Reload a previous save

Also wiki says that to:

"Keep in mind that there is a password for a terminal in Covenant called Jacob's Password.

If this is in the player's inventory when you enter the Med-Tek building MacCready may not give you the password for the executive terminal on the top floor"

Ebou Suso

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:28 pm

God that's stupid Mark, a damn password from a completely unrelated quest. Not to mention Covenant is in a much easier area than Med-Tek so it would be normal for someone to finish that quest before A Long Road Ahead. I definitely had that password in my inventory when I did it though, so it must be a bad luck kinda thing.
Angel Torres

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:24 pm

I don't have the Covenant password in my inventory, so it occurs at random I guess...
Natalie J Webster

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:31 pm

I just did this quest and had no problems. I havent purged any of the misc. crap from my inventory and I have been through Covenant as well.

I am pretty sure I talked to MacCready right after he told me about Med-Tek or once we reached the front doors(outside) and thats when he gave me the password. Way before we were inside the building or near the computer.

In any event I would go back outside, wipe out any ghouls in the area and then try to talk to him. Maybe it automatically happened as I approached the front door. I remember him making a comment as I approached the doors.

I went and purged loot after that quest. I havent even got to test out his loyalty perk yet. If it makes headshots a certainty that would svck lol. I wanted to test it out before I switched followers though.

---------------------------

Anyone else think MacCready sounds like the older main character from Resonance of Fate(x360)?? Havent done a voice actor comparision yet. But I think it is and I think they let him use some of the victory quotes from that game as well.

Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Yes, i lknow that's odd...and doesn't make sense. :shrug:

Romy Welsch

Post » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:51 am

I don't get it, they could've split the map and all its quests in 100 little squares, then have 1 tester work 7 hours a day for a month on that little square over and over, doing quests in different orders, or exploring locations in random, but never the same order. All of this would've easily been spotted I think! And I'm pretty sure Bethesda can employ a lot more than just 100 testers for a game that's worth over 50 million...
Barbequtie

Return to Fallout 4