Mad Max 4 = Fallout 3

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:18 pm

From the latest news (might not be latest to everyone but is to me :P) George Miller is back on track to making the fourth Mad Max movie titled, Mad Max 4 : Fury Road. The thing that astonishes me though is Miller from looking at an interview (http://www.cinematical.com/2007/03/14/mad-max-4-announced-mel-gibson-will-not-star/#commentform) that Mel Gibson wasn't even asked to play the role of Max. Mad Max will be portrayed by a younger actor.

The only way it "might" work is if the movie is a prequel in between The Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome since we are left with a huge gap between the stories. If its to be the future Max beyond his Thunderdome adventure then it will not make sense at all as Max was shown older in the third installment. It would only make sense to have Max older in the fourth installment.

So I have a feeling Mad Max 4 will equal Fallout 3. It's what we wanted but when we actually get it, it seems empty in our hearts cause we know its not the same. What are your thoughts on this matter? I wanna hear em! Image
I told the Overseer of Vault 13 I'd give everything to save everyone, and so I did, I saved them all. Since then I've felt loneliness.
!beef

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:41 am

MMmhh..I haven't seen the Mad Max movies (sadly) so I have no thought's about this...just wanted to say, as an advice...let's keep the Fallout 3 chat at minimum so Chris doesn't lock the thread. Boom de ya da!
Dorian Cozens

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 am

Good idea! ^_^

pax,
-Chris
Josee Leach

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:51 pm

I believe I did well though not blabbing on too much about the game (this time around). But in this post what is wrong with an honest comparison? :(

So for the sanity of Chris and everyone else folks please let me clear up here. I want to know your thoughts on Mad Max 4 and not the game. Image
I told the Overseer of Vault 13 I'd give everything to save everyone, and so I did, I saved them all. Since then I've felt loneliness.
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:16 am

Maybe your's is an honest comparison, but what about the others who will post here?They'll keep digging in the fallout 3 comparison until it's a fallout 3 thread :o . That's what I thought :) .

PD: Please don't think I'm doing your job, mods and Chris :lol: Boom de ya da!
Quick Draw

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 am

How about you first stop digging into it now as I just cleared things up. ;) Then lets see how this post goes. Don't ruin it early cause never know. Might actually get post of general idea on Mad Max 4! Btw go watch the movies, you wont be diasspointed. Image
Rude Gurl

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:19 pm

h - Only cowards hide behind monikers.
Tom

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:35 am

I completely agree with you. But he is also pretty pissed off too still so Mad Max :lol: Image
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:32 am

While it is true that Mel Gibson is pretty synonymous with Max, the whole feel isn't really kept through the first three games. I mean, look at Mad Max 1 compared to Mad Max 2. The style changes fairly drastically as does his character's basic personality. If Mad Max 4 doesn't have Mel Gibson in it, it won't necessarily be a bad movie or outside the canon. That generally happens when you have a whole different group of people doing it. Kind of like Fallout ** being made by ******** ****works. :lol:
Brιonα Renae

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:50 am

I hope you guys don't think that was good acting. ... because it stunk.

He's a much better actor now. Go see his version of Hamlet. THAT was a good movie.
Bereket Fekadu

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:48 am

The acting was great for the budget. And as for the move changing drastically from 1 to 2. Well yes and no. The environment in the first movie we see a troubled time when crime is on the rise and everything just seems hopeless. We need our heroes! Then the second one moves down the years of a nuclear devastation and those who survived are now left to continue to live on in a new world. Max's personality never really changed, he became Mad in the first one, mentally that is. He doesn't care about those who are evil anymore. He enjoys taking them out of the picture. And lastly Thunderdome was a space filler I believe. The story was not really anything extravagant other than it was just a small adventure of his life as we know it.

So the story is canon to an extent. Well if you ask the writers that is haha. As of Mel not being Max? Oh it will bring a weird feeling to those of us that remember the originals. Will it ruin the movie all together? Can't say for sure until its out. I just gotta feeling its going to be an adventure before the Thunderdome instead of beyond it. Image
naomi

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:21 am

So uh, the writers have confirmed that the 4th movie is gonna be canon to the storyline? I was assuming that it was just gonna be another remake.
Samantha hulme

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm

I am not sure of the story line to the 4th installment. I have doubts it will be a remake of the original based on the title of the production. Then again that is only an assumption. Image
Amiee Kent

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:15 am

Well, unfortunatly nowadays no one barely makes anything original... either they do a "Reboot", a "Remake" or a sequal to a 30 year old movie that was a hit... Look at Star Trek, Death Race (reboot of the 70's film Death Race 200, Starring David Carradine), or Speed Racer.. or heck I can go on forever, it's so bad you can go to a Theater and over half of the films are a form of retread... Image
Janette Segura

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 pm

I think they should based Mad Max 4 off of Fallout.

It would look more 21st century and war torn like Mad Max is supposed to be.
Penny Courture

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:42 pm

And the irony to that it would be if they did base it on Fallout :lol: As there are many common mentions of Mad Max in Fallout which if I remember correctly Mad Max was a form of inspiration for Fallout. You don't think the torn off sleeve leather jacket had just come in style did ya? Hehe. Image
Rachel Tyson

Return to Othor Games