I made a terrible mistake.

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:37 am

I bought Crysis 3 when it was released exclusively for the SP campaign. Today I decided on an impulse to have a look at the MP.

I came to the conclusion rather quickly that having a look at the MP was a terrible idea. Judging from the fact that about 25 people were online, just about everyone else feels the same way.
Jah Allen

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:40 am

I bought Crysis 3 when it was released exclusively for the SP campaign. Today I decided on an impulse to have a look at the MP.

I came to the conclusion rather quickly that having a look at the MP was a terrible idea. Judging from the fact that about 25 people were online, just about everyone else feels the same way.

You should have gone into mp upon release. Now it's just noobs and spammers.
Shannon Marie Jones

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:43 am

Wow, November 15 2014 was your first look at MP?? You really waited waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:01 pm

****. Noobs and spammers are present just after the release of the game.
This is proven by the fact that the amount of PC players has decreased by several hundred since the release.

I remember seeing 6,5k players on the PS3 some time ago after it became free for PS+ owners. Now it's 700 max.

Why? Because **** like CoD and BF players checked the game out and realized that it's way too difficult for them and left it.

Just before the GameSpy shutdown C2 had about 70 players (100 max) online.
Many of the players were old and you could easily remember their nicks.

It's similar for C3 on PC now - except that C2 players don't like C3, so the 'old' C3 players are different; there's a different community.

Anyways, if you're reading this, the game is on sale on Origin. I recommend that you buy it. The MP is great. If somebody says it's garbage there are 2 reasons:

1. They're ****.
2. They will also say "... it's **** compared to C2." Comparison is bad, where you say something is trash because it's not as good as something else.

In both cases, their opinion is worth [little].

EDIT: Just to clarify... I'm not saying there is no more noobs cuz it's long after the release. I hear they cast votekicks on you if you use Gauss or Bow or if you just are too good. But it's normal for all online games really.

Personally I played this on the PS3 but was disgusted by the controls which really held me back. Luckily I'll be getting a new PC in a week or two and I'll be playing this.

In case you're wondering, the average amount of PC players varies between 160-250.

Nathan Maughan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:56 am

Oh goody another mature PC player
Brιonα Renae

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:00 am

Wow, November 15 2014 was your first look at MP?? You really waited waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too long.

Maybe this wouldn't be the case had Crytek continued support for the game for any reasonable duration of time...
A Dardzz

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Maybe this wouldn't be the case had Crytek continued support for the game for any reasonable duration of time...

Yes, but Crytek are a bunch of idiots who don't know their own interests and priorities. If they did, they wouldn't be going broke.
Dale Johnson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:07 pm

Crytek should have just done like Unknown Worlds Entertainment and outsource the fixing to the community. Natural Selection 2 is still patched by the community, even though it has as many players as Crysis 3 on all platforms.
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:33 am

Crytek should have just done like Unknown Worlds Entertainment and outsource the fixing to the community. Natural Selection 2 is still patched by the community, even though it has as many players as Crysis 3 on all platforms.

Yes, but the devs need to trust the community. Crytek wouldn't trust us because they don't know us due to the fact that they're never around. Now unless they were cataclysmic idiots (and they sort of are) they wouldn't give people (players) the power to 'edit' (for lack of a better word) the game.
Suzy Santana

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:29 pm

Checked yesterday and PS3 had about 170 players online. Played a round, then got so frustrated over that one guy using the Rhino.
Cheville Thompson

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 pm

Checked yesterday and PS3 had about 170 players online. Played a round, then got so frustrated over that one guy using the Rhino.

We're all in the same boat. I haven't played in a couple of months.
Siidney

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:04 am

Considering there was an average of only 1000 players online during release week, I never held out much hope for the longevity of this games multiplayer :/ The AA perk and severe nerfing of stealth among other things meant I never really got as addicted to this games multiplayer as I did Crysis 2.
abi

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:03 am

Considering there was an average of only 1000 players online during release week, I never held out much hope for the longevity of this games multiplayer :/ The AA perk and severe nerfing of stealth among other things meant I never really got as addicted to this games multiplayer as I did Crysis 2.

For me it was fine up until patch G, that's when everyone started leaving.
Eddie Howe

Return to Crysis