Make a bold prediction about Skyrim.

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Wait, no. There will be an entire TOWN of naked Nords, all having their clothes been stolen by different witches.
Tinkerbells

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:23 am

Argonians especially will have Gore-Tex parkas and specially designed toe socks to keep themselves from getting the jibblies. Or else we'll find out that they all hibernate.
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:38 am

I am predicting that this game will be so good it will get the FBI involved. Also, I predict we will get it and love it.
Ross Zombie

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:42 am

My 2nd Prediction...

Skyrim will save millions of teenagers from becoming smokers, alkies, and dopeheads...simply by keeping them off the streets. "Hey John, want to come and hang out with us?"..."Nah, I have a much healthier thing to do."
Sarah Evason

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:15 am

I bet there's a severed Nord's leg somewhere in Skyrim as an easter egg.
Vera Maslar

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:52 am

Well, while it's new to us, I'm sure they've been working on it since they finished Oblivion, or at least not long afterwards.

hopefully hopfully
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 am

Dovahkiin is in some way related/is the reincarnation of Ysmir Kingmaker (aka Wulfharth the ancient king of the Nords) and we will finally finally finally learn if he is one in the same as the Underking.

At least I hope this is what happens.
Josee Leach

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 am

You guys do know that the guy from the Dos Equis.. (sp) was kidnapped and they don't know where he is right?
apparently he was a Mexican Senator. At least that was the last news I heard on him in aug/sep.

:o Well, I think he can handle himself, he is like the Mexican Chuck Norris. Hope they find him.

Edit: Are you sure? I just did a search on Google and nothing came up.
Phoenix Draven

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:31 am

Make a prediction that's something off the chart. Not something like "Skyrim's going to be awesome." Something more like "Davokhiin is the child of Vivec and some random Nordic woman (or man, for those who know stuff about Vivec.)

in Skyrim, we will discover the origins of humans and elves in Tamriel... Tamriel was actually settled by humans that fled Earth before the 3rd World War from the Fallout games, in a big secret colonization project by Mr House.

Magic in Tamriel therefore is nothing more than the by product of amazing nanobots that live inside every human being (and self replicate and enter the blood of unborn children).

The huge generation ship is hidden somewhere below mountains on Skyrim. Unfortunatelly, the colonists lost contact with Earth and after a few decades of battle with the local fauna, the colony failed. Humans spread around (some of them were genetically modified to have pointy ears, and they split from the main group and became the elves) the continent and soon the lore of how they got there was forgotten in favor of more "supernatural" myths.

Ok, it just cant get bolder than this.
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 am

My 3rd Prediction...Skyrim will set the record for the highest amount earned by a single computer game...and it will come out in a recession/depression! Even my lady friends in my pic will scratch up as much as they can to buy it...
Kay O'Hara

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:32 am

I predict that with such a short development time [seeing as we have no concept art or anything as of yet ]we are going to have delays, or be looking at a watered down oblivion type game, which as [censored] we will still love.

in reality i predict that we will save the wrold again...

I can't tell if your being serious or not, but they have probably been working on this since Oblivion, which was 2006.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:20 am

:o Well, I think he can handle himself, he is like the Mexican Chuck Norris. Hope they find him.

Edit: Are you sure? I just did a search on Google and nothing came up.

Well google has him as an Actor. Fark had him as a Senator that was missing.

Not sure who I trusted there. But he was missing for awhile. Apparently he was found. I did not follow up on him as it wasn't important to me. Sorry.
Wayland Neace

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:26 am

Dovahkiin is in some way related/is the reincarnation of Ysmir Kingmaker (aka Wulfharth the ancient king of the Nords) and we will finally finally finally learn if he is one in the same as the Underking.

At least I hope this is what happens.

Yeah, yeah, I really think there's a possibility.

Ysmir was another name for Wulfharth, one of the kings of the Nords at the battle of red mountain.

Vivec's sermon 9 refers to him as follows:

YSMIR, the Dragon of the North, who always appears as a great bearded king, had powers innumerable and echoing. He was grim and dark and the most silent of the invading chieftains, though when he spoke villages were uplifted and thrown into the sea. The Hortator fought him unarmed, grabbing the Dragon's roars by hand until Ysmir's power throat bled. These roars were given to Vivec to bind into an ebony listening frame, which the warrior-poet placed on Ysmir's face and ears to drive him mad and drive him away.

Furthermore, Ysmir is mentioned as the "Nordic aspect of Talos" in Varieties of Faith in the Empire

Ysmir (Dragon of the North): The Nordic aspect of Talos. He withstood the power of the Greybeards' voices long enough to hear their prophecy. Later, many Nords could not look on him without seeing a dragon.

Furthermore, here is another entry from Varieties of Faith in the Empire

Tiber Septim (Talos, the Dragonborn): Heir to the Seat of Sundered Kings, Tiber Septim is the most important hero-god of Mankind. He conquered all of Tamriel and ushered in the Third Era (and the Third Empire). Also called Ysmir, 'Dragon of the North'.

So I guess my position is that the Dovahkiin is a) in some way related to Tiber Septim either descendant/reincarnation or otherwise and therefore will serve as the new emperor of Tamriel or B) He is a descendant of Wulfharth who's identity was sort of assumed within the amalgamation of lore that is the Imperial Cult.

Please, someone give me some feedback on this!
Taylor Tifany

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:08 am

My bold prediction?

Skyrim running on the id Tech 5 engine!

Logically, it doesn't line up, or make sense, but a boy can dream!
jeremey wisor

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:06 am

in Skyrim, we will discover the origins of humans and elves in Tamriel... Tamriel was actually settled by humans that fled Earth before the 3rd World War from the Fallout games, in a big secret colonization project by Mr House.

Magic in Tamriel therefore is nothing more than the by product of amazing nanobots that live inside every human being (and self replicate and enter the blood of unborn children).

The huge generation ship is hidden somewhere below mountains on Skyrim. Unfortunatelly, the colonists lost contact with Earth and after a few decades of battle with the local fauna, the colony failed. Humans spread around (some of them were genetically modified to have pointy ears, and they split from the main group and became the elves) the continent and soon the lore of how they got there was forgotten in favor of more "supernatural" myths.

Ok, it just cant get bolder than this.

That is awesome and horrible at the same time.
Jaylene Brower

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:37 am

It will not have indoor-outdoor transition load times. (like Witcher2 or most MMOs)
maria Dwyer

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:00 am

Let's see...

In the trailer the narrator says "... the time after Oblivion opened, when the sons of Skyrim spilled their own blood..." and NPCs in Oblivion were sometimes heard discussing the fact that the Nords were fighting. So I think the Nord fighting, civil war, or just war (you choose), will have continued after the sealing of the Oblivion gates.

The narrator also says "... but no one wanted to believe. Believe they would exist.", and another NPC rumor in Oblivion was that the Greybeards were telling of the end of all times. The fact that " no one wanted to believe they would exist" rules out any known threat to the people of Tamriel, so I would count out the Daedric Princes, and the Akaviri nations.

This would mean that the threat is from a legend of Elder Scrolls lore believed to be false, or an entirely new enemy.

Another point that would rule out the Akaviri invaders is that if the greybeards truly were telling of the end of all times then the enemy in TES V would try to destroy everything and everyone, not simply an invasion.

However, " no one wanted to believe" might refer to the general dismissal of the rumors that the ruler of the Ka Po'Tun, Tosh Raka, has succeeded into becoming a dragon. This could mean that Tosh Raka and a few other of his people have succeeded into becoming dragons, and they would use this edge to start another attempt at invading Cyrodiil. This is supported by a quote from the Oblivion in-game book Mysterious Akavir which says '"First," Tosh Raka says, "is that we kill all the vampire snakes." Then the Tiger-Dragon Emperor wants to invade Tamriel.". The fact that they would start this invasion from Skyrim instead of Morrowind could mean that they are trying a different tactical approach since the previous invasion attempt that was channeled through the province of Morrowind was repelled, and the fact that Skyrim would prove weak in opposition what with the Nord infighting. Also Skyrim lacks a protector that Vivec was to Morrowind during their invasion of the later province. Unless the greybeards descended from their mountains...

The Akaviri invasion would also explain the quote from the trailer "... the defeat was merely a delay..." as the Akaviri were defeated before.

And the there is this Dragonborn...
The Septims held this title, as well as all the emperors to hold the Amulet of Kings since it was given to Saint Alessia.
My guess is that Akatosh will bestow the title upon someone new, maybe Titus Medde, as he is the first Emperor after the Collapse of the Empire a few years after the End of the Oblivion Crisis.

I am skeptical about the Akaviri invasion theory, as the trailer depicted dragons chasing men, and the Ka Po'Tun are a tiger like beast-race. Unless the entire Ka Po'Tun race turned into dragons, which is almost impossible. Also why would the Akaviri fear a person of the Dragonblood?

Another theory of mine is that the dragon Nafaalilargus fought in Redguard by Cyrus was just one of many, but that is less fact based than the Akaviri Invasion theory and a little far-fetched.

So the facts point in this general direction... The Akaviri Ka Po'Tun are invading Tamriel through Skyrim, and the player and a few other characters travel with Titus Mede ,AKA Dragonborn, to stand against the Akaviri Invaders.

But personally I have a feeling that the threat is going to be more symbolic and spiritual than just Akaviri Invaders, the trailer gave me the impression that a group (or more) of ancient dragons would awaken, and try to destroy everything but they fear the one blessed by Akatosh, Titus Mede the Dragonborn.

Also I predict that you will buy the game and enjoy it. That's right. I'm talking to you.
Nathan Barker

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:15 am

Skyrim is actually going to a linear style of RPG with a heavy emphasis on characters and the story. Most of the gameplay will involve battling against monsters while travelling through one-way corridors, at the end of each one being rewarded with a cutscene that continues the story.
Helen Quill

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:20 am

There will be dragons.
Rachel Tyson

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:53 am

Morrowind style cities make a return; horse combat, hard core mode,and carriages/boats etc for optional fast travel,
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:33 am

Dovahkiin is The Annoying Adoring Fan's half-brother.

Dovahkiin IS the Adoring Fan.

Mind Blown?
Ian White

Previous

Return to V - Skyrim