Managed to beat Dead Money in the best way!

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:26 pm

First off, if you haven't played through Dead Money and don't want any details spoiled for you, with regard to what you can walk away with from the heist, please stop reading. Those of you wanting a little help to make it out with some sweet loot, read below, or look up video guides. I'm just explaining how I did it.

I'm just too stoked. After some trial and error, I managed to get out of the facility with all 37 gold bars. I managed to take out all the turrets in the room outside the vault, then initiate the conversation with Father Elijah through the terminal within the vault. Then turn around and "run" out of the vault, up the staircase directly ahead and hang a right, then immediate left to go inside the enclosed room opposite the vault. Once inside, I made my way to the back right door (and saved here just in case the plan messed up). This is where the trial and error occurs. I walked around to the back door which by this time had the force field up. By facing the door as close as possible and looking directly up, I opened the pip-boy and dropped the gold bars. After a few tries, they didn't drop off the side into the abyss and landed juuuust close enough to the doorway. They didn't poke through the doorway, but it wasn't necessary.

After that, I turned around, took out Father Elijah, holstered my weapon and high tailed it back through the facility. Once I made it back to the other side of the force field door, I picked the bars back up and hobbled my way to the door before the alarm stopped. After that... it was a LONG walk back to the New Vegas Strip to deposit the bars into a weapon trunk. Pretty much walked all the way back holding up on the joystick and watching Dexter on my phone. :D

If you do decide to follow this strategy and don't want to spend an hour or more walking back to your house, it's a good idea to take the Long Haul perk to enable fast travel while over-encumbered.

Kieren Thomson

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Nice! I usually do the "hide behind the transformer and wait until Elijah walks to the terminal" and then straight out the door. Usually have a couple seconds to spare, even overloaded.

If you do OWB before DM, you can use the Transportalponder and go straight to the sink with all 37 gold bars, thus avoiding the long walk back to the Strip.

Charlotte Lloyd-Jones

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:36 pm

normally I only caught a single bar, as a souvenir.

when I want to take all, I use grx implant.

Rozlyn Robinson

Return to Fallout: New Vegas