I've mastered the art of fighting without actually fighting!

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:53 am

Today I wound up at Deadmans respite to retrieve an item for a quest. After following the of Svaknir through the whole place, I finally got to the big hall with King Olafs tomb.

As usual, I was sneaking when I stepped through the door, and stopped to look around. My first thought was, "gee, that's a LOT of Draugr"!

About that time, the first one started getting up, and Svaknir ran over and started fighting with it. Shortly thereafter, a couple of others joined in. I had my bow up, ready to join in, when I realized I still hadn't been noticed. It also dawned on me, that the Draugr couldn't hurt Svaknir!

Mostly out of curiosity to see how long this could go on, I just stood there for the next several minutes. I had ring side seats as he took out Draugr after Draugr on the lower floor, then advanced up the stairs to the four on the next level, and finally did away with King Olaf!

I literally never lifted a finger as I watched the entire place, including the boss get cleared out. Then just strolled in, got the word from the word wall, and looted the whole place! :shifty:

Not the most heroic of adventures, but an interesting ending to that quest!

Nathan Risch

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 am

Isn't that what real bards do? Watch others doing epic fights and then write and perform epic songs about it? ;)

Monique Cameron

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:20 am

Probably, unfortunately I was on a mission from the mages college to recover some of Shalidors writings at the time! B)

emily grieve

Post » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 am

And you didn't take notes on how restless spirits and undead guardians interact when they are at cross-purposes?
Queen

Return to V - Skyrim