MASTERFILE errors on loading Skyrim.esm [merged topics]

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:43 am

I'm getting this as a short example. My EditorWarnings.txt is full of these but for the sake of brevity
this should suffice as this should be easily fixed. I just don't know how.

MASTERFILE: NavmeshInfo 00028e37 has no parent space, ignoring
MASTERFILE: Automatic door 'ShipTrapdoor01MinUseHidden' (00099315) [0 units] in cell 'Wilderness' has its teleport marker too close to the linked door.
MASTERFILE: Errors were encountered during InitItem for reference:
Base: 'ShipTrapdoor01MinUseHidden' (00061435)
Ref: '' (00099315)
Cell: 'Wilderness' (0000967A) (2, -6) in world 'Tamriel' (0000003C)
See Warnings file for more information.
Imy Davies

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:59 am

It's harmless, don't worry. The engine likes to complain about these things, it was the same opening Morrowind and Fallout 3's ESM.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:46 pm

It's best not to move the markers (the ShipTrapdoor01MinUseHidden one is too close to the linked door) as for the others I don't think it matters.
Philip Lyon

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:18 am

So i installed creation kit. ( i have other mods installed with nexus ).
When i open creation kit i select skyrim esm masterfile .
Click on ok and then it starts loading. Then i get the message : masterfile :navmesh info 0028e37 has no parent space ,ignoring
Yes to all will disable all warnings for this content
So what do i do with this message to not mess the other modfiles up.

Other question, In the creation kit there are other mods. Lets say realistic water textures....created wit nexus. When i click on that file and not the others , same message.
What should i choose ,Yes or no and what does it mean....Thanks guys in advance
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:29 am

The devs are aware of the issue with all the error messages at load.

So i installed creation kit. ( i have other mods installed with nexus ).
When i open creation kit i select skyrim esm masterfile .
Click on ok and then it starts loading. Then i get the message : masterfile :navmesh info 0028e37 has no parent space ,ignoring
Yes to all will disable all warnings for this content
So what do i do with this message to not mess the other modfiles up.

Other question, In the creation kit there are other mods. Lets say realistic water textures....created wit nexus. When i click on that file and not the others , same message.
What should i choose ,Yes or no and what does it mean....Thanks guys in advance

Click yes to all and you can proceed with working on your mod.

Changes will only be saved to your "active" plugin file, which should be the one you created when you first saved.

Incidentally if you want to quickly set a file to be the active plugin without the extra dialog box, you can double right click on it from within the Data menu.
Brandi Norton

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:50 am

Which reminds me of the other question I meant to throw in with the first:

Should I always load update.esm with skyrim.esm?
LuCY sCoTT

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:06 am

I would suggest not to load that one. it's a file used for Steam's patching process if I understand correctly.

As for the multiple errors on loading Skyrim.esm, they come from a known (and harmless) issue the devs were tracking relating to auto-load doors.
Naomi Ward

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:23 am

I would suggest not to load that one. it's a file used for Steam's patching process if I understand correctly.

As for the multiple errors on loading Skyrim.esm, they come from a known (and harmless) issue the devs were tracking relating to auto-load doors.

Thanks for the feedback. No worries then.
Silvia Gil

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:58 am

Perfectly safe to do so. Both the mods I've got in the works use it as a master and the game runs them just fine. Update.esm is just like any other plugin, the game just loads it specially is all.
Max Van Morrison

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:33 am

As it is a mreged topic, I'd like point this http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1343399-errors-when-loading-skyrimesm/ issue too, looks like it happens on non-English installations.(this http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1343399-errors-when-loading-skyrimesm/page__view__findpost__p__20253744 too)
Chica Cheve

Post » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:23 pm

When i activate realistic water textures in creation kit does that mean that i can work on that mod myself and edit it ? Make my own changes ?
Alisia Lisha

Post » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:29 pm

The devs are aware of the issue with all the error messages at load.

Click yes to all and you can proceed with working on your mod.

Changes will only be saved to your "active" plugin file, which should be the one you created when you first saved.

Incidentally if you want to quickly set a file to be the active plugin without the extra dialog box, you can double right click on it from within the Data menu.
I have no option click yes to all.......
Milad Hajipour

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 am

There should be three buttons on the Warning dialog box

MASTERFILE: NavemeshInfo 00028e37 has no parent space, ignoring

"Yes to all" will disable all Warnings for this context.

Yes - No - Yes to All
NO suckers In Here

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:16 am

When i activate realistic water textures in creation kit does that mean that i can work on that mod myself and edit it ? Make my own changes ?
Yes, assuming the person used a tools that produced a vaild ESP. Not all of the ESPs that have come out before the CK were in a valid format. That is why many veterans held off on using mods from third party tools.
Edit your SkyrimEditor.ini and make sure you have bAllowYesToAll=1 under [Messages].
Sxc-Mary

Post » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Sorry to be a dunce, but just to be clear in my mind....the warning errors when you load the original game master file/s is nothing to worry about/currently normal, yes?
I ask because I have no mods installed at all...I haven't played Skyrim for weeks, never touched any pre-CK mods, haven't even changed a single itty bitty thing in the game/editor yet etc.

Didn't get these with FNV's CK and I don't recall them in MW either (tho MW was a long time ago for my memory to be 100% sure on).
HARDHEAD

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:46 am

Sorry to be a dunce, but just to be clear in my mind....the warning errors when you load the original game master file/s is nothing to worry about/currently normal, yes?
I ask because I have no mods installed at all...I haven't played Skyrim for weeks, never touched any pre-CK mods, haven't even changed a single itty bitty thing in the game/editor yet etc.

Didn't get these with FNV's CK and I don't recall them in MW either (tho MW was a long time ago for my memory to be 100% sure on).

Yes the devs are aware of the error messages and they relate to something they were tracking with auto-load doors. Should not have any effect on your mod project.
Michelle Chau

Post » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:48 am

Ok...sometimes when I'm browsing a thread I'm not always sure that I'm interpreting the posts correctly ...so thanks for relieving my mind. :)
Nick Swan

Post » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:05 pm

clicking "yes to all" is not a fix and is bound to have repercussions. Any info on when we can expect an actual FIX?
Yonah

Return to V - Skyrim