Meshes Error

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 pm

I recently installed DarkNut's armor replacer for Morrowind. Most of the armor textures don't appear to have changed at all, but a few of them now just appear as green blobs. I've had this appear on some imperial figures and Dark Brotherhood people. The error messages look something like this (this is one given for an NPC in Ebonheart, and it goes on to say the same thing for basically every piece of armor in the set):

Model load error:
Meshes/A/A_Adamantium_Cuirass_C.NIF
Cannot load file in
Meshes/A/A_Adamantium_Cuirass_C.NIF
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF

Now, the Meshes/A folder doesn't contain any adamantium files, or any DB files. All that DN's set includes is one file for an ebony pauldron. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this, or how I can fix it without a reinstall? I can probably salvage my saved game and other mod's with some work, but I really wish I didn't have to!
Andrea Pratt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:45 am

These problems have nothing to do with Darknut's mod.

You're likely using Vista or Win7, right?
The quickest fix is to just change the http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/781497-vistawindows-7-problems/page__p__11352753#entry11352753

Having the game in Program Files causes all sorts of problems with the content added from the Tribunal/Bloodmoon expansions (and other problems)

-
If you don't think you installed Darknut's textures correctly, read the instructions again.
The armor is in individual folders, and must be taken out of those folders. The armor folders themselves will do nothing if installed.
April D. F

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:15 am

Thanks, very much :)
This led to another problem, though, but I think it's probably best to start another thread, to make sure it gets noticed.
Milad Hajipour

Return to III - Morrowind