A mmo?

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:48 am

hey all a friend of mine was telling me this afternoon that a MMO is in the works for fallout...

i like the idea it would be very cool to be able to make guilds with your friends and quest together

then again the pvp side would be great say 2 or 4 factions fighting it out

if anyone else has heard of a fallout mmo please share what you have heard

thank you... :fallout:
Conor Byrne

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 pm

The only MMO I have heard of is something known under the codename of "Project V13", Very little other than the name and a few scant details are known at this point.

And here's a link to a FAQ that might shed some light ;)
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Project_V13_FAQ
Lisha Boo

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:36 pm

Yup, Project V13 is the Fallout MMO in development at Interplay by the original makers of Fallout.
Jessie Butterfield

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 am

Yup, Project V13 is the Fallout MMO in development at Interplay by the original makers of Fallout.

I saw that a question I had was not in there...Is there any way for Interplay to regain the rights to the fallout series?
brian adkins

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:37 pm

No one evens knows if it's Fallout.
Rowena

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Huh? It's not officially announced as Fallout Online yet, but:

a) Interplay licensed the rights to a Fallout MMO from Bethesda
B) They rehired two of the makers of Fallou to work on an unannounced post-apocalyptic MMO codenamed V13 (as in Vault 13)
c) They list familiarity with the Fallout universe as one of the job requiremenents.

Now tell me, what game could it possibly be?
Connor Wing

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:20 pm

I saw that a question I had was not in there...Is there any way for Interplay to regain the rights to the fallout series?

Long Answer: Well, if they win the lottery this weekend (All of them worldwide), take the winnings to vegas and manage to put it on the right roulette wheel at the right time so the number "3" comes up and they multiply those winnings 35 times, then maybe, just maybe, they'll have enough cash to buy it from Bethesda.

Short Answer: They could buy it back, but the license is now gold!
Greg Swan

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Long Answer: Well, if they win the lottery this weekend (All of them worldwide), take the winnings to vegas and manage to put it on the right roulette wheel at the right time so the number "3" comes up and they multiply those winnings 35 times, then maybe, just maybe, they'll have enough cash to buy it from Bethesda.

Short Answer: They could buy it back, but the license is now gold!

That reminded me of South Park, real shame how much farther and farther the Fallout License seems to be getting from the creators.
maria Dwyer

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:15 pm

That reminded me of South Park, real shame how much farther and farther the Fallout License seems to be getting from the creators.

That, sadly, is what happens when you create art for a company, and the company keeps the IP... You have no say in what happens to it at all.
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:46 am

Fallout MMO would be [censored].

All the old school fallout fans who've done nothing but [censored] about bethesda will jump at the idea, especially if its under development from interplay.

But with all MMO's developed from something else the storyline will suffer considerably. Matrix online anyone? What the [censored] happened there huh?

It'l simply be full of everyone wanting to be the hero, or villain, and completely crash the franchise.

Unless its kept out of cannon with the rest of the games i just cant see it tieing in well.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:12 pm

i think fallout mmo would be great
Alex Blacke

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 am

No one evens knows if it's Fallout.

Just like nobody knew Bioware was working on a Star Wars MMO in the Old Republic setting? We don't know it's Fallout because they haven't made the official announcement, but we know it's Fallout.
Victor Oropeza

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 am

my only question is are they going to keep it like Fallout 3 and or more like Fallout 1 and 2? If it's gonna be like 3 what about VATS for the targeting during PVP?
Alex Blacke

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm

I personally think if people want an online function so bad, and bethesda want to do something like that, they should do it more like Neverwinter Nights did. Make it so you can join a game, and then you can play together. So you and 3 friends could go out and do quests together. That would work better imo.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:53 am

Doesn't really matter, personally I foresee this "Fallout Online" being canceled. Interplay is not really in a position where they should be developing a MMORPG, but whatever floats (or in this case sinks) their boat.
ruCkii

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:01 pm

I know that there was a booth set up at last summer's PAX (Penny Arcade eXpo) and people from Bethesda were handing out flyers looking for character artists, programmers and a few other jobs for an unnamed MMO. My friends and I had our hopes up that maybe Bethesda was opening a studio up here in Seattle, sadly for us no. I would work for them in a heartbeat.
Anyway at this point it's safe to assume that it could be Fallout or Elder Scrolls themed. Or who knows maybe even an IP all together.
brenden casey

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:36 pm

I know that there was a booth set up at last summer’s PAX (Penny Arcade eXpo) and people from Bethesda were handing out flyers looking for character artists, programmers and a few other jobs for an unnamed MMO. My friends and I had our hopes up that maybe Bethesda was opening a studio up here in Seattle, sadly for us no. I would work for them in a heartbeat.

It can't be Fallout themed, since Interplay (the original makers of Fallout) currently has the rights to a Fallout MMO, as I said earlier in this thread. It's likely Elder Scrolls Online. And it's not actually Bethesda but it's sister company, ZeniMax Online Studios.

my only question is are they going to keep it like Fallout 3 and or more like Fallout 1 and 2? If it's gonna be like 3 what about VATS for the targeting during PVP?

Hopefully (and probably) more like Fallout and Fallout 2.
tiffany Royal

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:27 am

If it is not a clone of WoW or close to it (Like every new MMO is right now...), I can maybe start to think about buying it. Maybe. After all, it is Fallout, but is is a MMO too...

EDIT: Somehow, I wait KOTOR Online more than FOOL...
gandalf

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 pm

If it is not a clone of WoW or close to it (Like every new MMO is right now...), I can maybe start to think about buying it. Maybe. After all, it is Fallout, but is is a MMO too...

EDIT: Somehow, I wait KOTOR Online more than FOOL...

It's going to be WoW at heart, don't get your hopes up. Just like the new Star Wars MMO will be WoW-like. The money guys aren't looking at WoW and saying "We'd like to provide a fun and challenging experience using the Fallout world!" They're thinking "How do we get a slice of that pie? Oh! Fallout!" The WoW model works, so they'll follow it. Warhammer has been the strongest challenger to WoW and that's practically a total conversion of WoW with some changes here and there.

Vault13 will come out, people will jump in and play for 2-3 months, then they'll go back to where they know everyone on the server, have ties into the server history, and where they know everything about the game. There will be converts. But there won't be enough to keep it running long term.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:30 pm

Too early to determine that, the game isnt even made.
Honestly, HOW can you claim that ?
Meh, most likely it will be wow clone . The thing is, why would someone want to play the same old swords & magic MMOs, year after a year ?
If the game isnt BAD, it will work. Post-apoc seems a lot different.
And its not going to be a "sequel" like "fallout" 3.
Fool is a Spin-off. And they have some of the old guard working on it. There are differences.

In the end, only time will tell.

Ill bet on wow clone and boring.
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

It's going to be WoW at heart, don't get your hopes up. Just like the new Star Wars MMO will be WoW-like. The money guys aren't looking at WoW and saying "We'd like to provide a fun and challenging experience using the Fallout world!" They're thinking "How do we get a slice of that pie? Oh! Fallout!" The WoW model works, so they'll follow it. Warhammer has been the strongest challenger to WoW and that's practically a total conversion of WoW with some changes here and there.

Vault13 will come out, people will jump in and play for 2-3 months, then they'll go back to where they know everyone on the server, have ties into the server history, and where they know everything about the game. There will be converts. But there won't be enough to keep it running long term.

I have added Vault 13 to my prays. Maybe there is some hope. And I am making a witchcraft altar so I could burn scourge of online role playing named WoW out of this world...
Marie Maillos

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:41 am

If folks equate WoW with the MMO genre, then all MMOS appear to be WoW clones.

Regardless, a Fallout WoW cloke would be right up my alley, just as an Oblivion with guns sounded like to be right up my alley (and turned out to be).
Sun of Sammy

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:21 am

If folks equate WoW with the MMO genre, then all MMOS appear to be WoW clones.

Eve Online.
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 am

Honestly, HOW can you claim that?

Video games are about making money. That's what business is all about. I'm not complaining. I like money. Which are you going to model your enormous financial investment on? Age of Conan, Asheron's Call, Warhammer, Shadowbane, or WoW?

There's a figure of 11 million subscribers in WoW. Not clear what percentage of that is active and what isn't. At something like $12.00 a month (assuming the three month prepay as of last time I was active), that's $132,000,000 dollars. A month. So adjust that by whatever percentage of active to total you feel is right. That number you come up, remember it is per month and assumes a three month prepay, is the reason Vault13 will be like WoW. Also note that WoW has never, to my knowledge, closed or consolidated servers. I believe each of the others I mentioned already has. Has EQ2? CoH/CoV? I really don't know.

WoW owns and rules MMOs. The only thing that will change that is WoW2. The day they disperse the virtual characters that real live human connections are forged through, WoW will be vulnerable. Chances are, it'll be WoW2 that will cause that. And if Blizz has half a brain, they'll link the WoW2 characters to the existing WoW account... so they can credit you 10 levels of WoW2 for each maxed out WoW toon you have.

Eve Online.

Now that is a game. By "game" I mean life replacement program. Talk to me when "walking in stations" is released and we'll see how well EVE can draw the casual crowd.

Seriously, through, if Vault 13 was done on one single server with all the social groups, nations, tribes, and cities allowed to develop organically... Heh! That would be some really serious fun. They model V13 after EVE and I'm going to be in huge trouble. I'll have to sell blood to eat.
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:13 am

Excuse me, WHY are we gushing about Interplay developing it? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Black Isle dissolve and later form Obsidian? You know, Obsidian, the company that now makes good sequels to Bioware games while Bioware is busy selling out? Wasn't it Interplay that killed Black Isle in the first place? You know, because they were a bunch of money-grubbing fools who ran themselves into the ground by trying to rip off their fans? And I'm supposed to be excited?

Yeah. No. Unless Obsidian gets their hands on the rights to the Fallout series, it's basically dead. And everyone hates them because Lucasarts wouldn't let them finish KOTOR2.
Russell Davies

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion