Mod that adds a diary

Post » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:37 am

So, i'm kind of surprised this hasn't been done for fallout 3. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48375/?

A mod that adds something for you to write on. You can do so much with it, you can write the diary of your character, that would be so fun, just imagine:

"After leaving the vault and exploring for a bit, i see this weird looking structure on the horizon. It's basically a scrapyard, but it looks fortified. Curiosity got the better of me and i decided to check out what it was. Turns out it's a town called Megaton, that was built on the remains of the pre-war planes and junk. Upon arrival, i was instantly met with suspicion by a man named Lucas Simms, supposedly the Sheriff of this town. After we talked a bit, he decided i wasn't a threat and asked me to defuse the atomic bomb that was in the middle of the town. YES! A live atomic bomb, the lunatics built their town around a freaking bomb, and some even worship it. This outside place is very weird..."

You could also write some memos, like explore minefield, or go back to X place after you get stronger.

The immersion that writing a diary creates in game is unbelievable, i mean writing that small segment made me feel like i was in the wasteland. It adds your character to the character. Otherwise it feels like you're controlling a robot instead of you acting as yourself or acting as what you're roleplaying.

You can also use this to hone your writing skills :smile:

Would this be a simple mod to make? Alt tabbing just isn't the same, not to mention the game crashes most times.

Sammygirl

Return to Fallout 3