3D Modelling? - Helmets

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:35 am

There's a tiara type object that's put in the amulet slot by a mod that I'm using and when I use the TES4 CS to put it under the head slot, the character's head won't show when it's equipped in the game. How do I go about fixing that? I have Blender if there is any 3D rendering needed (switching skeletons, etc).
Facebook me

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:01 am

first off, ill get this moved to the CS section.

You are going ot have to put it in the amulet slot. If you put it in the head slot the entire head will disappear, if you put it in the hair slot you'll lose the hair.

You'll have to use a slot that doesnt hide a bodypart, like the amulet slot. (though are are a few others that dont hide things either)
Franko AlVarado

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:04 pm

you put it in the hair slot you'll lose the hair.

and the bloody ears lol. this is kinda fixed pretty well in f3.. so at least we probably won't have to deal with that in the future......
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:41 am

Can also use the ring slots or tail slot instead of amulet slot if you want (but they sometimes have drawbacks as well - like losing your tail if argonian or khajiit - or not being displayed if you use an unlimite rings mod !
Sarah Knight

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:31 pm

first off, ill get this moved to the CS section.

You are going ot have to put it in the amulet slot. If you put it in the head slot the entire head will disappear, if you put it in the hair slot you'll lose the hair.

You'll have to use a slot that doesnt hide a bodypart, like the amulet slot. (though are are a few others that dont hide things either)

Well, it's already in the amulet slot by default. I'm trying to get it to work as a helmet. Obviously it's possible to make a helmet without making the face dissapear and that's basically what I would like to learn, how to do. Even if it requires some 3D rendering work, which I'm guessing it will.
Kristian Perez

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:34 pm

if cannot be used as a helmet. any helmet that shows the face is in the hair slot (hence under the helmet there is no hair/ears (thanks JDFan))

why cant you just have it in the amulet slot?

EDIT: you cannot mod in the hair, face yes with special nif files, hair no.

EDIT2: If you arent using a beast race, you could put it in the tail slot i suppose.
quinnnn

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm trying to get it to work as a helmet.

thats why its in the amulet slot to begin with.... its a modders workaround

Putting it in the head or hair slot will either disable rendering of the whole head. or disable the hair and ears.

you start to have drawbacks if you effectively want to add head, ears, eyes, or hair into the tiara nif itself, in an atempt to circumvent the removal of the hair/head. It's bloody annoying if you ask me.
Karl harris

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:53 am

The best compromise you'll probably find to be combining the tiara with an appropriate "formal" hairstyle. Then you can use the hair slot to hold the tiara/hair. The hair will not automatically change color to match the character's original hair, but you may be able to select a close match.
Paula Ramos

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:06 am

Alright, thanks all for the info. I never really payed that close attention to how Bethesda made helmets in Oblivion and I didn't realise that they either take up the hair slot or cover the full head in the head slot. Looks like I'll be sticking with the amulet slot, after all. I was hoping to save the amulet slot for some of the higher end random loot (enchanted amulets), but it looks like I'll have to figure out another setup. The mod that lets you wear unlimited jewelry, I would consider a cheat and I'm not really willing to use it.
Jinx Sykes

Return to IV - Oblivion