Mods Tht Mess With "Actions"

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 pm

May I ask what kinds of mods mess with actions, or character animations? I am finding myself "swimming on land" frequently, doing a blacksmith action (armor table) instead of mining sometimes, and animals are jumping up in the air as I fight them, not like the "Mammoth Rain" that sometimes happens, though this happens, too. Also, everywhere I go, things go flying. I walk into an Inn and dinnerware flies everywhere. When I run next to water, there is a "thing" which I can only describe as a "wake" in the water that follows me, as if the game thinks I am in the water.

I am playing Skyrim Legendary Edition and installed HDT Physics Extensions for the Merida Hair mod, but "uninstalled" the HDT mod since I am playing a male currently (Merida's Hair is a female only mod). This is just a suspicion of mine as to what mod may be causing this, and apologize if it is not. It "seems" that this stuff started happening after I installed Merida's Hair and HDT was required for that.

I've just "dealt with it" before, but now that animals are jumping during combat (kills any attempt at archery) and I am "swimming" much more than previously, this is getting to a point where I am getting frustrated.

Any ideas as to what "type" of mod would interfere with character animations and such? Thanks :)

Or could it be a combo of different mods? If it is, I'll just do a fresh install and see what I can find out :)

ruCkii

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:23 pm

I could only think some screw up with a Havok based mod (Realistic Ragdolls) or something that messes with skeletons (HDT mods). Or FNIS, which is an animation mod. Often coincides with the previous two. edit: Not entirely sure, but I think if you uninstall all the HDT foundation (not sure you did), it'd effect male skeletons too.

Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:21 pm

Interesting. I did uninstall (through NMM) HDT. It's Merdia's Hair that is only for female characters. Sorry for that mix-up :)

I don't have either Realistic Ragdolls or FNIS installed. The Havok portion is why I am thinking HDT physics. I'll look up how to manually uninstall HDT :)

gandalf

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Good luck. The first sign of Havok is what you said about entering rooms and things flying everywhere.

Margarita Diaz

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:13 pm

sounds to me like your frame rate needs to be capped to 75 or 60. this is a well know bug (swimming in the air) related to the havok physics glitch by higher framerate than the game can handle.

Or you could do this instead:

Here's a list of some of the bugs that can happen from skyrim when you go over 75 fps:

Swimming while on land.

Objects being flung wildly when loaded or lightly touched

Water and sun flickering

Footstep sounds being delayed or desynced

Video demonstration:

https://youtu.be/47jACG-X9UE

https://youtu.be/jl60H7g8U_E

However there has been a discovery in the Skyrim INI settings (not my discovery but I have tested it myself for over 40 hours in my own game) that can allow you to run Skyrim at the maximum refresh rate of your monitor. You must turn off the V-Sync, then you'll want something to cap your refresh rate to your frame rate at the highest your monitor can handle. I recommend Nvidia Inspector if you have a Geforce/Nvidia card or some other 3rd party FR capper.

WARNING

Back up any of your saves that you plan on trying with this tweak just in case.

If your MONITOR is 100 refresh rate then

1 second / 100fps = 0.010

fMaxTime=0.0100

Other examples:

fMaxTime=0.0166 is for 60fps

fMaxTime=0.0133 is for 75fps

fMaxTime=0.0111 is for 90fps

fMaxTime=0.0083 is for 120fps

fMaxTime=0.0069 is for 144fps

fMaxTime=0.0042 is for 240fps

In my Skyrim.ini I added these lines under:

[HAVOK]

fMaxTime=0.0083

[Display]

iPresentInterval=0
Assumptah George

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:05 pm

This sounds promising. ow that I know what to look for, I Googled this and found a reddit post. So I added:

iFPSClamp=60

under the "display" section in my /Documents/My Documents/My Games/Skyrim folder.

I'm no longer swimming and the water "flashes" only on the water, whereas it was flashing when I was on land before. I'm not swimming anymore, either.

However, animals and such are still jumping a bit, though not quite as bad as before. Things are still flying about, but it doesn't seem quite so bad. Mainly if I open something with items on it, like cups on an end table and such.

Thanks for the info!

Micah Judaeah

Return to V - Skyrim