Morag Tong - A Thieves Guild Conversion

Post » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

I would like to make a Morag tong mod that essentially edits the Brotherhood story line and relocates the base to the thieves guild. My idea is as follows (posted already on request but I should imagine I will end up doing it if I can), however I am relative novice (I can create basic characters and add and remove objects but when I looked at the quests it scared me slightly) so if any could give me some advice or suggest some online tutorials that may help I would be incredibly grateful. My idea is based around the idea that using existing quests and characters the mod can be mostly voiced by the original characters, but I'm not sure it it would be easier just to start from scratch and create replica characters.

Once you have completed the thieves guild mission and become guild master speak with Ravyn Imyan who will inform you off the tong as usual, however if you enquire further, he will state that the guild would do well to expand into Skyrim but the dark brotherhood is a threat. This will then start the following quest Innocents lost. You will now conduct the quest as usual and sleep then being met by Astrid. Once Astrid is killed, you return to Ravyn Imyan instead of the penitus.

Ravyn Imyan will inform you where the brotherhood base is and that a Tong agent has been infiltrating the brotherhood.

Destroy the dark brotherhood will now begin with a twist, when you enter Nazir will be there waiting as an ally and Tong agent. Complete the mission and return to the thieves guild. Ravyn Imyan will now be wearing his tong armor as will Nazir and you shall be rewarded your own set.

Nazir will begin giving contracts (the same he gives for the brotherhood quests) however there are requirements before you can begin. As a legal operation the hold must first allow Tong activity and except Writs. As such you must either be Thane of a hold or have completed the civil wars quest lines to receive the contract for a particular area.

Upon receiving contract you also receive a Writ this will work just like the, I'm part of the thieves guild let me go, response with guards. Allowing your bounty to be dropped if you have a the Writ.

After completed a predetermined number of contacts, more influential contracts will pop up, like the wedding killing, completion of such quests will have an impact upon the cistern. Maybe showing Tong banners and more thieves guild member wearing Tong armour.

After enough smaller contracts are completed the kill the emporer quest will begin, obviously excluding sections that involve the penitus and the brotherhood (unless there is a way that following the death of the fake emperor you are imprisoned By Mora, maybe in cine [this could even link the escape cidne mine quest and recruit one of the forsworn to the tong], as your Writ is not valid)

After completion Nazir will continue to provide quest (much like nightmother) and Devlin will have upgrade options for the cistern to properly convert the guild. The ability to recruit additional members could also become available

Extras.

require the creation of banners. I think I have basic idea as to how this works
Varied tong armor much like the thieves guild. Sleeveless options, pauldronless, double pauldron, varied hoods ect is thiseasier then I'm thinking it is?
Mephala shrine, currently using the one provided by the dragonborn dlc
WTW

Return to V - Skyrim