More Settlement Space Allocations

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:40 pm

I think its great we are getting patches with new themes and signs etc. to add to our settlements, but I think it would be nice to give us a little bit more space limitations to add onto our settlements as the game gets new features and add-ons. :)...I am sure it wont it wont drop the frame rate in a large increment to crash. (just a little bit more)

mishionary

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:13 pm

Do you mean adding more to the build limit? If so there is a glitch for that. :goodjob: Or do you mean more settlements in general, if so the construction set will hopefully see to that when it is released.

As for the Glitch, if you take weapons from the workbench, drop them and then scrap them, it lowers the build limit allowing you to build more stuff.

Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Yes I did mean more build limit. :) but I did not know that glitch..thanks :) but in general as a foundation without a glitch required it would be nice for it to give you more build space. :)

michael danso

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:07 pm

It works, but there are consequences to it- if you abuse it too much you can have pretty significant framerate drops and other things get wonky as well.

Alex Blacke

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 pm

I can vouch for that, after taking advantage of the downsizing of the settlement build limit over 20+ times now in Sanctuary the lag is pretty real and pretty bad, can almost never fast travel out of there without it crashing, I have to leave there, usually as far as the red rocket just to fast travel without the crash. But I would say its probably safe enough to downsize that limit meter about 15 time before you start feeling it on Xbox one, which is what I'm on.

jessica sonny

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Someone pointed out to me recently that you do not need to scrap dropped weapons - you can just drop and then store them while in build mode.

I used to pick up just about every light weapon I came across (10mm, pipe weapons, etc.) to scrap for additional build budget, but now I just keep 3-4 stacks of 5 each (so I can drop them quickly without messing with sliders) at each settlement I know I'll want to expand beyond the default build budget. Quick and reusable.

Personally, I've never noticed any framerate issues in settlements in which I've done this, but I have encountered a couple of bugs. Not too many though, especially given how often I've done it. The only really annoying one was a time when I'd spent a significant amount of time building a settlement, then found it difficult to assign vendors to shops (long lag from command to assignment); once I was able to assign them, they wouldn't initiate vendor dialogue. Only happened once though.

(Edit: should have mentioned I'm on Xbox. Framerate issues may affect different platforms differently.)
Wayland Neace

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:11 pm

You can also store them and repeat the process over again.
Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

The limit is there for a reason, especially on consoles. The more a settlement is built up, the longer the load times, lag and framerate drops. If you're on PC, then there are mods and of course glitches.

Like I said though, it's there for a reason and I don't think they'll increase the limit.

sam

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:34 pm

I wish the zone around Sanctuary included the lake so I could build bridges across it.

Jynx Anthropic

Return to Fallout 4