More Spin-Off Game Ideas -- RTS and 4X titles

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:03 am

Hello! I'm back with more ideas for ways for Bethesda to sell out! :D

So, I reckon Real-Time Strategy and/or a Civilization-style 4x games are a perfect additional way to explore Tamriel and beyond. There's actually a mod pack for Civ V that allows you to play with Elder Scrolls races and other elements, but an official game would be totally awesome.

You could have a Khajiit army with the various 'breeds', like, you have Cathay and Suthay Khajiit as your infantry units and a cavalry made of Pahmar and Senche, while the Orsimer army could include other creatures favored by Malacath, like ogres, trolls and goblins. You could also include other races, such as the Maromer, Sload and the Imga, and the Akaviri races like the Tsaesci and the Tang Mo, and even extinct races like the Dunmer, Falmer and the Alyeid.

Emma louise Wendelk

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:56 pm

I will say the same thing I said in your other thread. I have no objection as long as Bethesda doesn't do it. I want Bethesda Gaming Studios to put all their resources into making the numbered games in the series.

Hope Greenhaw

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:06 pm

On a side note, I prefer the term 'Grand Strategy.'

Warcraft 3 is my favourite RTS and Total War: Warhammer was released in May and it's easily the best TW-game to date. Both are in the fantasy genre, but compared to TES-games, their... humour-levels are a lot higher. *Insert screenshots of Goblin Doom Divers / towers launching cows as projectiles*

A TES strategy game could be nice as a more subtle fantasy game.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/Idgao9T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5N2gWjq.jpg

Rhysa Hughes

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:44 pm

I'd love a Tropico style TES game. One that centres more on the building rather than all out war. To be a governor of a land (Imperial era?) and have to deal with local politics of religion, guild favour, defence, economy, local roads for trade routes, enough local guard to police the district, rangers to calm or protect wilderness, farming, mining, entertainment etc.

Things to deal with would be bandit groups growing into small armies if not policed, attacks from creatures such as goblins and ogres, guild influence and consequences (bribes, assassinations etc).
Emily Shackleton

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:22 pm

Personally I don't find 4x and RTS strategy games very interesting or fun, so I don't want to delve too much off topic (although if it was an Elder Scrolls-themed 4x or RTS game I would definitely try it). But I would love a (obviously non-canon) fighting game, featuring characters from all of the games. Fighting with the likes of Cyrus the Restless, Gaiden Shinji, Ysgramor, Mannimarco, or Dagoth Ur would be absolutely dope.

Jordan Moreno

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 am

Eh, nifty idea, but I think having one or more Elder Scrolls characters guest-star in another fighting games series would be far more likely. I think a strategy game would be far more likely to appeal to the Elder Scrolls crowd, but that's just me.

N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:59 pm

MarioKart rip-off that takes place in the First Era.

You'll have some Dwemer contraptions with wheels, driven by a representative of each race.

You'd throw sweet rolls and cheese at each other, racing through some of the Arena's most treacherous tracks, including the Daedric planes, Atmora and Aetherius.

Skooma speeds you up, sujamma makes you big for ten seconds.

They could call it F-Zero Sum.

Or, a 2D Super Metroid rip-off in which you play as Pelinal, going through underground Ayleid dungeons collecting awesome stuff until you progress to the final battle at White-Gold. They could call it Killing Light II: Turbo.

Kate Norris

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 am

This sounds like an awesome game.:D

Queen of Spades

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:52 am

Oh, there's no way that an Elder-Scrolls fighting game would ever get made. I'd just love to have it.

I'm definitely down for it.

matt white

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 am

I will purchase a Command & Conquer Real Time Strategy (RTS) The Elder Scrolls video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios.

Not fighting enemies like GDI vs. Nod, but being able to build buildings and train infantry and have bandits, bears, vampires, wolves, etc attack the buildings you built and destroy them.

Naomi Lastname

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion