Morrowind - Active Magic Toolbar Details Wont Appear

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:04 am

I have a mod called Needs. You can download it on Nexus Mods under my username LegoManIAm94 and the mod name is called Morrowind needs. I cant posts link as a new user. And in the mod when I go into the magic menu and hover over an active magic effect with my mouse the details will not appear. I have cleaned the mods of its GMSTs and still will not work.

I been going through all of my mods that cause this issue not just needs.esm and I have another .esm and two .esp files that do the same thing and the only thing unique about these mods compared to other mods I have that even include magic and spells in them is that I made these mods later on. I made them either on Windows 7 or Windows 8 and when they save it saves them as Needs.ESP instead of Needs.esp. When I converted it to a .esm it made the file extension lowercase. Im not saying due to the the file extension being capitalized is the cause but I think something with compatibility on Windows 7 or 8 caused this.
louise tagg

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 pm

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1449619-introduce-yourself/ to the http://www.gamesas.com/topic/724862-forum-rules-and-general-information/! :banana:

It's a forum custom to give away to new members so... http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/dogate_til_fishystick.jpg :tes:

A picture of the UI in-game can give us a hint what's wrong along with a loadorder. As for posting a link just paste the link in your post and let us parse the link.

Javaun Thompson

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:11 pm

I don't think it has to do with file extension capitalization or windows version.

The first thing I'd check is that the global script NeedsScript does not check menumode and it looks like it's doing a bunch of addspell/removespell work every frame. I'd at least add a check for menumode at the top and return if (menumode ==1).

That may or may not help, but it is a good idea to disable scripts in menumode if they aren't needed.

If that doesn't help, it looks to me like you just have to take stuff out of your plugin until you find out what is causing the problem, and then figure out a different way to do what you want. Good luck.

Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:41 pm

First thing I'd try is making your script syntax MWEdit strong check compatible and/or OpenMW compatible, you have lots of improper if/elseif/endif blocks.

These are basic programming structures you should learn to use properly (even in other scripting languages, logic/open-close rules are the same) before attempting non-trivial scripting as a needs mod.

Also, just properly indenting your code will make these errors more obvious.

Then , if/when syntax is ok, you can start looking for logic errors/engine quirks, doing it before fixing the syntax is not worth the effort IMO

Javier Borjas

Post » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Thank you for welcoming me and all of guy for helping me out. It is due to the constant adding and removing of spells and now I have fixed my mods and reuploaded them! Once again thank you for pinpointing the issue.

Epul Kedah

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion