Morrowind... best elder scrolls?... best game ever?

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:05 pm

Would be interested to hear your guys' thoughts. Is Morrowind the definitive elder scrolls? And would you say Skyrim is bad?

cheryl wright

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:28 am

I wouldn't say Skyrim is bad, but Morrowind is definitely my favorite. The clash between Imperial and native cultures. The politics behind some of the factions (i.e. Telvanni/Mages Guild, Imperial Cult/Tribunal Temple, Fighter's Guild/Thieves Guild,etc). The history and lore of both the Dunmer and Dwemer. The variety of architecture, Balmora settlements look different than Redorean settlements, as well as other settlements. I'm one of the few people who likes the combat system. I like having a chance to fail a spell or miss a hit.

^_^

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:32 pm

To me, the Elder Scrolls games are like a family of three rambunctious children. Each has it's own little endearing quirks. And as much as they may aggravate me at times, I find it hard to pick a favorite.

I dislike the notion of singling out "best" or "worst" in art or entertainment There does not have to be a "definitive" Elder Scrolls game. I do not see what is gained from thinking in these terms.

I play a games to enjoy them, not to rank them. I play a game when I feel like playing it and for as long as it is enjoyable to me. When I do not feel like playing it anymore or when it has stopped being enjoyable to me I play another game.

Nitol Ahmed

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:05 pm

Is it possible to have a definite Elder Scrolls when the goals of each game seem to be so different?

stevie critchley

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:21 pm

I like Skyrim fine, *but* Morrowind is my favorite TES game and in my top 3 games of all time (which I don't put over one another because they are each different). All games have their ups and downs, and I think nostalgia plays a big part in people's most liked anything. And that's ok.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Put it this way, if i had to make the fewest amount of changes to either game to make it "Perfect" morrowind would be the easiest

Add Me

Return to III - Morrowind