Morrowind Fatal Graphics Problem

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:05 am

Hi everybody,

I'm usually posting in the Skyrim general forum but I am having a Morrowind problem. Up until recently I played console versions of both games, but I want to get a PC for the arrival of Skyrim (for multiple reasons, mostly graphics and construction kit).

I installed an old copy of Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon onto my PC and I'm having a strange problem with it that I can't find an answer to anywhere on the internet.

When starting the game, the Bethesda logo sequence will not show video and the audio will skip.
When arriving on the title menu, everything is black until the Morrowind background shows up, flickering horribly with jagged lines through the screen.
I am able to select Play by knowing where it is and seeing a small patch of pixelation disappear when I move my mouse over where the Play option should be.

When entering into the game, the intro video is unplayable, I skip over it just like the Bethesda intro.
The game world is the most unique problem. All of the textures appear... missing. I am able to see the shapes of some items (including Jiub as he talks), but only the most basic textures are being shown. Most look exactly like different colors of Missingno. from Pokemon. (Look it up if you don't know what I mean, this might get my point across easier.)

The last detail is that there are jagged shapes and colors striking at my character and impeding my view unless I look directly down. I'm guessing it's some textures run amok.

Can anyone explain what this is? I'm using an old eMachine desktop with an Athalon, ~1GB RAM, a GeForce4 MX graphics card, and I know I've run Morrowind on here before (a long time ago).

Thanks in advance, even if no one knows what this is. I want to start using some of the mods I missed out on all these years.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:13 am

Please read the http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/31-step-by-step-ctd-crash-troubleshooting/ first. After that just make sure that you have the latest drivers for your http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us graphics card and the sound card installed. :)
Vahpie

Return to III - Morrowind