Morrowind versions and plugins

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:18 pm

What is the relation between the version of morrowind and plugins? If I install the "repairing the cogs of morrowind"-patch will mods made in the older versions negate the changes made by the patch?

I've collected a various questions during my years of modding but never gotten around to ask them:

Why do damage fatigue spell lower the maximum fatigue until it reaches 0 and the PC collapses where he or she is standing? It does this when it is used as a constant enchantment and if it is applied in a disease.

Anyone ever experienced how "weakness to"-spells getting broken so that the extra damage received is greater after each hit as long as you are under effect of the spell? This means that permanent weakness to leads to thousands of damage from a simple 10% weakness in the long run.

When changing a creatures attack rating their behavoir in game is different. Without altering it seems like the attackrating has som relation to distance between the creature and the player. When altering the rating this aspect seems to disapear and you can walk all the way up to the creature without it attacking you. But then some times it attacks but not related to the distance.

If you remove the reference in a plugin with tesame, will the plugin be just as clean as if you hadn't made the mistake which you choose to remove? example: Saved the vanilla container barrel_01 and then I remove this reference with tesame.

If I open a static's window on a placed static in the world, change the scale of it and click "ok". Will this alter the whole static or will it alter just the reference?

My fortify health, fatigue and magicka only gives an extra number to the current magicka so after casting fortify magicka 20 I will get 120 of 100 instead of 120 of 120. When the effect vanished 20 pts of magicka is taken from my current magicka.

Really hope to that someone can explain these things. They have been bugging me since 2006 ^^

WT
Lewis Morel

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:22 am

If I open a static's window on a placed static in the world, change the scale of it and click "ok". Will this alter the whole static or will it alter just the reference?

Just the reference. If you press "S" while dragging the mouse, you'll have an easier form of scaling. And don't press ok when in the static window. Just close it, it'll still scale. Pressing ok will save the whole static to your mod, and you'll have to clean it later.

My fortify health, fatigue and magicka only gives an extra number to the current magicka so after casting fortify magicka 20 I will get 120 of 100 instead of 120 of 120. When the effect vanished 20 pts of magicka is taken from my current magicka.

I believe it's a bug. I get this from vanilla items aswell. Morrowind Code Patch includes a fix for fortify health, but the others aren't included for some reason. You'll just have to deal with it, unfortunatly.

That's all I can help with, sorry. Rarely delve outside design. It burns.
celebrity

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Just the reference. If you press "S" while dragging the mouse, you'll have an easier form of scaling. And don't press ok when in the static window. Just close it, it'll still scale. Pressing ok will save the whole static to your mod, and you'll have to clean it later.

I believe it's a bug. I get this from vanilla items aswell. Morrowind Code Patch includes a fix for fortify health, but the others aren't included for some reason. You'll just have to deal with it, unfortunatly.

That's all I can help with, sorry. Rarely delve outside design. It burns.

Is deleting the reference in the normal editor ( putting it in ignore list) enough? If I use TESAME and delete the reference, will it not delete the locations where I have placed the statics?
Guinevere Wood

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:37 am

No, deleting the references in TESAME will only mark that object as unchanged. The only way to remove placed objects in your mod with TESAME is to clean the cell(s) they're in.
Talitha Kukk

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:35 am

No, deleting the references in TESAME will only mark that object as unchanged. The only way to remove placed objects in your mod with TESAME is to clean the cell(s) they're in.

thx alot
Khamaji Taylor

Return to III - Morrowind