Most emotional moment in the Wastelands!?

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:59 am

the beginning of FO4. where the spouse is murdered in front of the star's eyes does it for me. second one is listening to the tapes aboard the spaceship. after listening to a few of them, i started to hate those aliens.

Mark

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

That makeshift bunker with the skeleton's of a husband and wife, the kid's graves and a radio message of the dad begging for help still playing 200 years later really got to me.

SEXY QUEEN

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:18 pm

-Marcella's last words in Point Lookout. When she's choking out her last Act of Contrition between wheezing breaths, before slowly passing away.

-The holotape in Fallout 4, where the kid and his brother have to flee their bunker from raiders, but he doesn't have enough time to grab his favorite stuffed animal.

I'm sure there's more, but those two moments genuinely moved me.

Manuel rivera

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 am

The Fate of Rockopolis: Suddenly Daring Dashwood wasn't so much anymore.

The Death of the Spouse: As already mentioned.

Mister Bishop's Children Ending Slide: I always felt kind of perversely proud of this one.

Syndey's Father's Tape: Also a bit of annoyance as my Lone Wanderer was sure he was going to get laid.

Seeing the Capital Wasteland for the first time: We've all been there.

Matt Terry

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm

Killing LT in FO 1, Killing Horrigan in FO 2 and watching oil rig blow up. Not every emotional moment has to be sad, I was happy as hell when that stuff happened, as both enemies in my first playthrough were a pain in the butt(especially in FO 2 when my first character was a melee character...charging Horrigan isn't easy). Of course, now I know how to rip em apart like swiss cheese, but damn I will always remember how satisfying that was, something FO 3 didn't replicate, seeing how Liberty Prime stole my thunder.

Lew.p

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Speaking of which:

* The Ultimate Feeling of Badassery during the assault on Addam's Air Force Base: The greatest moment of feeling like a one-man army.

* Liberty Prime's Death: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

* The Deathclaw of Concord: "Oh ****! OH ****! OH ****! RUN RUN RUN RUN!"

Jessica Lloyd

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:35 pm

More like "YEEEEESSSSSSSS!"

Never been so proud of The Enclave as I was in that moment. :touched:

matt oneil

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:18 am

Three that came to mind right off the bat for me came from Fallout Tactics: When you confront Guldo Sciavo, Talking to Mike about his sister and when you http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Latham

Ones that made me sad, for some reason that Moonbeam tape in Fallout 3 got to me.

Patrick Gordon

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:56 pm

I haven't thought about this one in a long time, but I agree. Good one.

-Definitely Little Moonbeam.

-Ulysses's holotapes. Particularly the final one he left specifically for us.

-The Vault Dweller's Memoirs. All of it's emotional, but my highlights were the ending and the graphic canonization of Dogmeat and Ian's deaths.

-Argylle's corpse in Rockopolis.

-Hanlon's speech before he commits suicide.

-Graham's final confrontation with the White Legs if you side with him. Type of emotions vary depending on the dialogue route the Courier takes.

-Marcella's fate. She deserved better. As Lt. said, her last words were very emotional.

-Nora's murder.

-The Coyotes quest. No two characters in the entire series have earned as much raw hatred from me as Dermot and St. James.

-Everything about Dead Money. Prewar and postwar.

For a different sort of emotion- The feeling of triumph after winning Hoover Dam of my own devices in a Wild Card playthrough. Sometimes the moment goes to my head and I throw Oliver off the dam in the midst of all the excitement and power. I don't think there's a moment in Fallout that's come close to making me feel more in control.
Chantelle Walker

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:24 pm

http://jlhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tumblr_m35z1jAozQ1r21xzlo1_500.png

I didn't much like honest hearts until I read through all his http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Randall_Clark_terminal_entries. Now I always remember to pick up his rifle and keep the sorrows innocent.

Everything about Dead Money was very...tragic yet beautiful.

The Coyotes quest really pissed me off. I mean, it felt so good to turn those two A-holes into dust, but I felt so bad for their victims. I always ended up taking the teddy bear and just, putting it away.

Nuking the Oil rig is also a sad moment for me. *Sniff Sniff* I....I didn't want to destroy the Enclave! :cry:

Seriously though, It takes a lot to move me emotionally. Nothing in F3 or F4 has done it an I doubt it ever will.

Brιonα Renae

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:57 am

I can't believe that I forgot Clark. His story goes right there at the top.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

That one bunker in FO3 with the broadcast of the dad needing medical assistance for his boy.

Randall Clark's backstory

Dead Money

Sole Survivor's spouse dying

some of Mothership Zeta's holotapes
Racheal Robertson

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:39 am

A lot of good ones mentioned already. I'll name some:

The ending scene to the first Fallout. "You're a hero...and you have to leave".

Hakunin's death and discovering the fate of Arroyo in Fallout 2. Having gone through the journey to get that GECK, only to come back and realized my tribe was kidnapped, I felt dedicated to getting them back. It was quite the moment when first playing.

The entirety of Dead Money, from its tragic backstory, the events with Elijah, all of the characters, and the ultimate message behind it all. I will always mention this, because its my all time favorite experience throughout the series.

There is one moment in Fallout 4 that really got to me (so far), but giving Marlene's holotape to Arlen Glass and hearing his entire story for constructing the Giddyup Buttercup toys. Sad, yet a touching moment. In the end, you feel like you gave him the peace he had always wanted for so many years.

Ah, one of my favorite moments in Fallout 2 when realizing the ultimate effect of such a small thing. My jaw dropped when realizing I actually did that.

rebecca moody

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:07 pm

By fair, the moment that I listen for the firts time Domino's blackmail evidence.

[censored] a-hole, poor Vera :(
Jade

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 am

Vault 11

Sarah Edmunds

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:15 pm

Every slideshow.

Veronica Martinez

Return to Fallout Series Discussion