(Must read for Crytek)

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Where is the ability to post your own photos, upload files, add people to buddy list?
Sure the new website is great and better than gamesas in general but the interaction is gone, the only thing we are able to do is write comments.
I can't even find out how to look at other user profiles.
Elisha KIng

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:08 am

+1 I really hope you add the ability to do anything/everything ;)
lexy

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 am

currently you can't, they are sorting out several PHP errors first before they add new features which is a good idea :)

Flamers
Rob

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:36 am

currently you can't, they are sorting out several PHP errors first before they add new features which is a good idea :)

Flamers
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Have to agree. This isn't really organised and like a proper forum. Its basically a kind of joined up multiply shoutboxes! You cannot look up older things quickly to see. And the colour scheme is poor, there's several times where u "cross" boxes and i can't see hardly a dark grey on black background. Very limited too with profiles, people's info and avatars etc.
Claire Vaux

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:46 pm

but they delayed it, why didn't it work perfectly...oh ya its Crytek :p
bonita mathews

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:11 am

Well here is the way professionals do it:

They do not close a website running in a web server and start updating the site. They have 2 web servers. One has the site and the other is to build up the new one.

When the new one is finished and tested then they quickly change the servers and the site starts running perfectly. They don't just turn down a website and start building another while everyone is waiting. That's not a professional way of doing it.

Also this is not even a forum system. So they deleted an old site with a real forum system and are using this platform now, where discussion is made out of "tickets" or "comments"-alike systems.
Also it is about time that this company upgrades their server speed or connection speed because the site is always impossible to use on the most viewed days.

If Microsoft or Google had servers like this then their websites would be permanently down.
Cat Haines

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 am

mig can i point put they have used two servers (unless they flew there server from germany to the US)

Flamers
Tai Scott

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Give them time to sort the issues - shouldn't bee too long then we can get spamming like crazy without having 1000 errors popping up lol
Juan Suarez

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:40 pm

They did say this site is still incomplete. So most of the features like uploading an Avatar, or signature won't be available until the codebase of the forum functions properly (In this case, getting rid of all the errors).

I can see that this is a custom built forum, not a licensed one that Crytek used before. Whilst it's still fresh and new, many features will come in due course, hopefully.

I recommend you all just to sit tight until we get an announcement on it.
Anna Kyselova

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:35 am

how long will all this take? i mean it allready took quiet long till the site on my screen ran quiet stable
Miguel

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:41 am

@Flamers

What I mean is that when they put the new site online they were still installing the site script. They should've created the site in a different server and put it online only when it was complete. And they didn't do it.

So you couldn't even notice it was updating...

You'd only get the final results.when the new gamesas was online I could see that the site script was not installed.

This new page has a new cool visual. But that's about it. The old forum was much more apropriated to the kind of site this is supposed to be.
Laura Tempel

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:30 pm

miguel - Its never that simple, for example modding: Iv always get the update ready on a local test server then upload when i think its ready. Almost always i find several errors and have to fix them - just something that happens.
Kira! :)))

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:36 am

I'm sure they will add back all the features. Building a site of this scale isn't easy and I'm almost positive that it's being rolled out in versions. Have a little faith buddy.
Kara Payne

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:13 am

Oops. sorry about the double post.
Ash

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:55 am

Just give it time, I am sure that most of this will be fixed eventually.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Sitting-Duc

Tha's because you need players in the server to test your mods and also you are not a company.

A company like Crytek can do this easily. I mean... nothing is perfect but they can do it this way. When you release something to a client and you are a professional company you try to make your best so that the client won't be disapointed.

Beleive me I know what I am talking.

And remember I'm also a modder and admin :) I know what you're saying. But Crytek has resources that we don't have.

When they opened this site they were still installing the script... That should be done before they put the site into public. That's how the things work with companies.

Well anyway I don't care. I just want a real forum on this site and a Beta invitation as I want to start seeing what can be done with Crysis 2

I had some interesting projects to create in Crysis 1 but I dropped them because it was losing a lot of the competitions gamers community.

If Crysis 2 has problemes with cheats and other things I think I have better solutions to tournments.

I also want to build a complete new MOD to my possibile new server. And start doing it from root. But I'm getting off topic :)
Brittany Abner

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:26 am

Sitting-Duc

Tha's because you need players in the server to test your mods and also you are not a company.

A company like Crytek can do this easily. I mean... nothing is perfect but they can do it this way. When you release something to a client and you are a professional company you try to make your best so that the client won't be disapointed.

Beleive me I know what I am talking.

And remember I'm also a modder and admin :) I know what you're saying. But Crytek has resources that we don't have.

When they opened this site they were still installing the script... That should be done before they put the site into public. That's how the things work with companies.

Well anyway I don't care. I just want a real forum on this site and a Beta invitation as I want to start seeing what can be done with Crysis 2

I had some interesting projects to create in Crysis 1 but I dropped them because it was losing a lot of the competitions gamers community.

If Crysis 2 has problemes with cheats and other things I think I have better solutions to tournments.

I also want to build a complete new MOD to my possibile new server. And start doing it from root. But I'm getting off topic :)
Gill Mackin

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:45 am

I can't edit my post which svcks. Crytek needs to revamp this website really soon!
trisha punch

Return to Crysis