necromagevamp question

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:02 am

As a vampire, will the necromage perk affect other perks I have already chosen? Or does necromage onlty affect perks you take AFTER you have taken necromage? I have read that the necromage perk should be taken as quickly as possible, that is why I was wondering.
Naughty not Nice

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:01 pm

O_o What? Once you take necromage, everything you have and will have works fine. Does that answer your question?
Eileen Collinson

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:32 pm

O_o What? Once you take necromage, everything you have and will have works fine. Does that answer your question?

Lol indeed.
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:02 am

Edit: I've been told my post was incorrect, so I've removed it.
Lilit Ager

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:43 am

Ok, lol, maybe that was worded poorly, let me try again:
Necromage supposedly gives vampires a bonus to many perks.
Do these bonuses apply to perks you had picked before you got necromage?
Or do the bonuses only affect perks taken after you had got necromage?
Horror- Puppe

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:37 pm

It was said by one person that it affects perks taken AFTERWARDS but it has never been said that it affects perks taken before. In fact, I can guarantee you that Necromage and Vampirism has NO affect on perks taken before.

I have yet to personally test perks taken afterwards to see. Since most of them do not show up in your active effects list, you won't really see it. Someone will have to delve into the numbers within the game somehow to see.

I guess an easy way would be to see if your weapon damage raises by 20% when you take the first tier weapon perk or 25%. Does your spell damage raise by 32.5% per level if you take those perks or just 25%?
Arrogant SId

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 am

Necromage should be taken as soon as possible because it's extremely useful. It's just an ordinary perk - it will not affect the ability of other perks to function.
Wrong, combined with vampirism some perks taken after will be boosted. Augmented flames, extra pockets and most of the illusion perk are boosted, I know this from experience.

I'm sure that many other perks are affected though, the damage perks for example.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Shadow Warrior is affected, admittedly the duration boost isn't much but it's noticible. You can keep going in and out of sneak mode and maintain invisibility indefinitely.
kyle pinchen

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Wrong, combined with vampirism some perks taken after will be boosted. Augmented flames, extra pockets and most of the illusion perk are boosted, I know this from experience.

I'm sure that many other perks are affected though, the damage perks for example.

Oh, sorry, I never noticed.
I'll delete my post, thanks for correcting me :)
Danny Blight

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:29 am

So, if I am correctly understood posts we can become vampire, pick boosted perks (like augmented flames), cure vampirism and still have boosted augmented flame? Also I have one more question about necromage perk. Wiki says that it also boosts enchanting strength but I don't have a clear view on that. Are those ecnhants boosted only when equipped? Only when we are vampire? Or it will stay boosted even after curing vamprisim?
Matt Fletcher

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:38 pm

So, if I am correctly understood posts we can become vampire, pick boosted perks (like augmented flames), cure vampirism and still have boosted augmented flame? Also I have one more question about necromage perk. Wiki says that it also boosts enchanting strength but I don't have a clear view on that. Are those ecnhants boosted only when equipped? Only when we are vampire? Or it will stay boosted even after curing vamprisim?
No, you will lose the bonus if you stop being a vamp, well I think so.

It boosts the strength of all potions by 1.25 and the length by 1.5x, so enchanting potions are affected. I think they mean the enchantments are boosted by 1.25x when the items are equipped, for example fortify alchemy 20% will be increased to 25%.
Genocidal Cry

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 am

Ok, thanks for the answers. Sounds like my vamp's early days are going to be fairly challenging as I try to boost restoration to 70 whiile holding out on certain perks to get the bonus.
Sara Lee

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm going to go experiment with this myself now.
Katie Pollard

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 am

I'm going to make a necromage after reading this, and pondering some questions.

Does the necromage perk effect stone abilities(like Atronach)? And does it effect the vampire abilities themselves, so instead of being a vampire boosting sneak by 25% it would boost it by 25%x1.25?

Does it matter which you get first, the vampirism or the necromage perk?

What is a good way to level restoration quickly short of jumping off cliffs? I really don't use the skill at all(prefer alchemy :) ), and when I did use it on a pure mage I remember it being my slowest leveling magic skill. Does casting turn undead for instance level faster than just having a frost troll repeatedly hit me in the face?
lucile

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:20 am

Ok, thanks for the answers. Sounds like my vamp's early days are going to be fairly challenging as I try to boost restoration to 70 whiile holding out on certain perks to get the bonus.
I'm going to make a necromage after reading this, and pondering some questions.

Does the necromage perk effect stone abilities(like Atronach)? And does it effect the vampire abilities themselves, so instead of being a vampire boosting sneak by 25% it would boost it by 25%x1.25?

Does it matter which you get first, the vampirism or the necromage perk?

What is a good way to level restoration quickly short of jumping off cliffs? I really don't use the skill at all(prefer alchemy :) ), and when I did use it on a pure mage I remember it being my slowest leveling magic skill. Does casting turn undead for instance level faster than just having a frost troll repeatedly hit me in the face?
It affects the stones, lord stone is boosted to +62 armor and +29 magic resistance, atronach effect is boosted to 62%.

I'm not to sure about the vampire abilities, I think it's only perks/abilities that are gained after being a necrovamp, so you will need to reset your stone to get the boosted effect.

The quickest way I've found is pickpocket train restoration up to level 51, from either danica at whiterun, colette at winterhold or the leader at vigilants hall. Then get the mage stone and head to High Hrothgar, get all the fortify restoration gear you can and continually cast close wounds. Alter the difficulty so you can stand in the wind regenerating enough magicka so you don't have to step out, master will be the most effective way if you can survive.
Baby K(:

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 am

I thought of this right after posting yesterday. Why not just go in bleak falls barrow and stand in the swinging blade traps?

Of course the best way to raise it, and what my pure mage ended up doing on my other game was cast equilibrium in one hand and close wounds in the other. You don't even need restoration cost reduction enchantments for that. Being that equilibrium is in a multi-quest locked dungeon so it is not exactly something you can get if you want necromage early on.

I'm wanting a mix of a sneak-blade character and a mage. Will not use armor, that is what flesh spells are for. Will use illusion and conjuration in combat to make things interesting for my foes. Destruction will mainly be for making an enemy weaker to other attacks('enemies on fire take additional damage'), and for when I have to use ranged attacks(dragons). Playing a dunmer so the 50% resist fire should help offset the vampire's huge weakness to fire.
Penny Flame

Post » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:51 am

Does anyone know if necromage vampire bonus is a glitch or intended? I dont want to start a vampire necromage character only to have it patched when new dlc is released or something
Danger Mouse

Return to V - Skyrim