I need big dungeons!

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:23 pm

I just started daggerfall and am looking for a good dungeon to explore, like the privateers hold, not just some stupid crypt or vault. Does anyone know where i can find a huge dungeon? Do i have to do quests for them to show up?

thanks for ur time.
Kayla Oatney

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:20 am

I just started daggerfall and am looking for a good dungeon to explore, like the privateers hold, not just some stupid crypt or vault. Does anyone know where i can find a huge dungeon? Do i have to do quests for them to show up?

thanks for ur time.

Many of the quests that DF generates lead you to large dungeons. No others are as small as Privateer's Hold, though, so be careful what you wish for. If you just want to explore the wilderness and go to a dungeon that one of us picks for you, let us know. I am pretty sure that I can find you more trouble than you are really bargaining for, if you want it. :evil:
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Castle Necromaghan in Daggerfall springs to mind...

But yeah, join a guild and do quests. You'll find yourself in a nice, big dungeon before you know it. The best is a knightly order, where you'll receive nothing BUT dungeon quests.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:17 pm

Well, since i just began playing the game, i definately dont want to bite off more tan i can chew, so ill just take the answer to a simple question: how come all of the "dungeons" on the map are crypt and such? Ill click off everything but dungeons and just crypts and vaults. Do you have to walk around and find them on your own? If so, that might be even better as long as it doesnt take hours just to find one. But if all else fails i will delve into the depths of a dungeon that will kill me many many times.... why not?
MARLON JOHNSON

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:35 am

Well, since i just began playing the game, i definately dont want to bite off more tan i can chew, so ill just take the answer to a simple question: how come all of the "dungeons" on the map are crypt and such? Ill click off everything but dungeons and just crypts and vaults. Do you have to walk around and find them on your own? If so, that might be even better as long as it doesnt take hours just to find one. But if all else fails i will delve into the depths of a dungeon that will kill me many many times.... why not?

I don't suggest walking. The world is HUUUUUUUUGE. You start with only crypts because cemetaries are publicly known and dungeons are generally hideouts and such- they are all there, you just have to find a map to them or get a quest to go there and you will be given a marker for it. Questing for your favorite guild is the easiest way.

Tip: Mage or not, buy a recall spell. Or at least save a backup before you walk in. Some dungeons have teleporters and such that literally make it impossible to leave.
zoe

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:39 pm

Right, you don't get dungeon locations at the start, you have to have them revealed. And there are three ways to reveal dungeon locations:
1. Get a quest that involves a dungeon (most do)
2. Find a map as loot.
3. Run around the wilderness until you happen across one (and that's a bad idea)
ezra

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Just a note: a recall spell is by no means required. You'll rarely see a dungeon that actually REQUIRES you to teleport.

Recall will usually just save you the hassle of backtracking.
Jah Allen

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion