Need help in creating an script mod

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:13 am

So, i created this account to ask someone here how to create an mod about changes in most weapons damage, magazine size, player speed, etc, 'simple' scripts changes, i dont have much experience on modding, so i would like to know if someone can help me a bit on scripting weapons, spread, autoaim, etc.

Red Sauce

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:54 am

First lets start with where you should be asking these questions ... And that would be in " The G.E.C.K " portion of these forums.

Because the "General" section it will get burried.

Report and request your thread gets moved ... before I ramble on to much about how to do the stuff your interested in.

Glad to see more people interested in modding :wink_smile:

SaVino GοΜ

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh, sorry, i'm new on forum things, so how can i ask someone to move my thread?

Phillip Hamilton

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:46 am

under a person (left side)... there is an option that say "Report"

So go to your first post ... and look left side ... then you will see the report button.

After you click that ... it will ask why ... then just explain it.

The Moderaters on this forum are very gracious down to earth people ... not like other forums you may have experienced.

No worries ;)

Roberto Gaeta

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:26 am

If you don't have the report button ... your not logged in.

Mariana

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:11 pm

:D Moved.

Stacey Mason

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:27 am

Ok, now back to the original topic!

Things i wish to do:

>Change most weapons DAM (incluiding DLC weapons)

>Change most weapons magazines capacity

>Change limb health

>Change player speed (also while legs crippled)

>Maybe change some NPCs health (such geckos and deathclaws)

Big edit: I taught myself how to use the FNVEdit and i changed most weapons DAM and some armors DT, still, i coulnd't change limb health, the player speed and the NPC health.

Maria Leon

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:33 am

Howdy ... sorry it took me awhile to get back.

I guess lets start with Limb damage. I take it you would like there to end up being less limb damage to the player?

Inwhich case I think just adjusting this game setting "fCombatPlayerLimbDamageMult" Its .5 by default ... so decreasing that should do it.

And looks like you can find and change it easily enough with Fo3-edit under game settings.

Also there is body part data where you can adjust limbs individually ... but I don't know much about that ... the geck wiki should have some info on it though.

For player speed changes , see if the settings mentioned in this thread do what you want https://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/discussions/0/613936673555582637/

On changing NPC health ... looks like you'll have to use the geck. So in the object tree look under "Actors>Creature" for non humans ... then "Actors>NPC" for people.

After you open a window for a particular one ... on the second tab "Stats" is a field for "Health"

victoria gillis

Return to Fallout: New Vegas