Need help with editing a custom script from mod (see topic)

Post » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm

First I'd like to mention, I've tried doing it myself, but I don't really have the time to spend several hours training myself and learning how to use the construction kit, and I'm nearly out of spare time rn, hence why this might've been already explained on this forum. Now, my problem is rather simple, but I can't seem to find a quick solution to it by simply searching several key fragments of the script.

To the point, I'm currently using a mod that adds a ring to your character automatically and, wether equipped or not, if selected and used on your char in your inventory you're teleported automatically to a room, it's only usable in Seyda Neen, the room itself holds one bed, nine trainers who together can train you every single skill, a chest that adds or subtracts gold from your char, and a chest with empty scripts intended to be edited.

The mod works perfectly, had no issues at all (rather unusual in my experience), only problem I'm having is figuring out how to properly edit the custom scripts and make it run the console commands I want it to run when I use them ingame. The commands are simple, I want to be able to maximize (set to 100) the skills (athletics, enchant, spear) my character has, the abilities (strength, int. , speed, ...), and set my level to 800, mostly for testing purposes with certain quests and creatures.

I'd like to be able to run all these commands in one button (the chest makes use of "buttons" that when pressed activates the script connected to the respective button), if possible, if not I'll figure it out myself or just revert to simply using the console.

The mod in question is called "morrowind level booster" and can be found on the nexus site in the morrowind section ( I can't post links unfortunately :/ )

The furthest I've gotten is somehow managing to open the construction set without the application crashing (it did during earlier attempts on a different computer) and finding what I assume is very likely the chest from the mod, double clicking it wich opens a window wich along with other options gives me the option to what I think is the script I need to edit to make this happen, wich is the following

set button to getbuttonpressed

if (button==-1)

return

elseif (button==0)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript1

elseif (button==1)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript2

elseif (button==2)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript3

elseif (button==3)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript4

elseif (button==4)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript5

elseif (button==5)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript6

elseif (button==6)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript7

elseif (button==7)

set controlvar to 0

startscript zzzLevelBoosterScript8

elseif (button==8)

set controlvar to 0

endif

endif

end

I think that's about it, tried to give as much info as I could to avoid dragging this out to much, I hope it's not to much of a hassle for someone to help me with this (or to correct me if I happen to be in the wrong section).

Note: I originally posted this same topic on the nexus forums, but quickly noticed that the modders who usually navigate those threads are more likely to read your topic and move on than to bother replying, after seeing a few users mention this as well as seeing posts with 100 views and no replies, so if I'm breaking any forum rules or if this question has already been answered elsewhere, please say so.
Georgia Fullalove

Return to III - Morrowind