Need help with Tanktics

Post » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:31 am

I pulled out my copy of Tanktics and wanted to try it out again, but I've been having a lot of problems getting it to work.
I'm running windows Vista home premium service pack 1,
and I have an Intel(R) core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM, and a 32 - bit Operating system, along with the latest Directx (9, I believe)

On the Tanktics cd case, it says for system requirements that it needs Windows 95/98 with Directx 6.0, though it ran fine on my old computer, which had windows XP, and directx 9 as well.

I tried going into it's properties and changing it's compatibility, but when I make it windows 95/98, it gives me the error message "please insert Tanktics CD and restart", and if I try any other compatibility, like window XP, it says "Incorrect version of Directx".

The only real difference i can se would be the video cards, my old one uses an Intel (R) graphics controller, whereas my new on uses a GeForce 9500.

I had figured I could try to install an older version of Directx, but I'm not sure how to do so, or even if doing this would fix the problem. Any ideas?
Marta Wolko

Return to Othor Games