Need Input: Is my mount mod idea feasible?

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:24 pm

I saw some fan art that gave me the idea for a Dwemer-style chariot/cart that is pulled by a Centurion Sphere(or two). I've only ever fiddled around with models in other peoples' mods via the CS, so I don't know a great deal about modding.

My concern is for whether the basic idea is executable. Then would come questions concerning whether it would be able to defend itself upon attack, or even unhook and follow. I doubt the latter very seriously, but the first would almost seem a requisite for making it worth my time, otherwise I don't see it differing enough from other mount mods to put the effort into it. It would just be a novelty, rather than an interest for me. I'd rather spend my time in Tamriel.

Thanks for the advice.

Emilie M

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:16 am

Well there's mods that allow you to actually ride on Silt Striders, fly dwemer airships, use boats, etc. So your idea could work. Idk much about how you would make that though, I guess you never know until you try.

Marcus Jordan

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:38 pm

If you want a very, very basic Idea about mounts, you can look at Abot's mods to give you an idea of what scripting might need to be done for everything to work correctly. It's highly likely it can be done, so I wouldn't worry too much for if it can be done. I believe Abot's mods were what Enclavekiller was referencing :3

Jarrett Willis

Return to III - Morrowind