New game idea for Bethesda

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 am

Todd Howard is the greatest game maker of his time. Now everyone loves a good open world game, and everyone loves a good military (shooter) game. Who else could combine the two and make a game the caliber that Todd Howard and Bethesda could? I've been looking for a game like this for years. An open world military game, say for example, set in Vietnam or any other war would attract the attention of many. Who wouldn't want to create a character that could make them feel right in the action, be able to move up in rank, lead a small squad out on missions, or go out on a solo run. Be able to build relationships, make friends, gain allies. Be able to customize weapons. Just being able to be whoever you want. Feel like infantry? Pick up an M16 and charge into battle with allies. Rather sit back a safe distance and pick them off? Grab a M14, a ghilli suit, and take a friend or two, or fly solo and snipe some enemies from the treeline. If it was Vietnam, who wouldn't want to explore some of those dark scary rat tunnels? There are so many gamers now days that play at home or don't have internet, co-op games was my entire childhood, that'd be a great bonus too. I'm not look for any recognition or anything, I'm simply trying to give a great man a great idea for a new game that I know would sell off the shelves.
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:37 am

Honestly.. it doesn't seem like that great of an idea.

My opinion aside though -- If you really wanted to make this happen, you could totally mod Fallout 4. I think it has everything you need. You could even use the settlement system in a clever way.

Joie Perez

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:54 pm

I guess I'm not everyone then.

MR.BIGG

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:47 pm

Same here. OP really made some broad sweeping generalizations about what people like, and out of 3 posts(besides his own), 2 of them have people going "nah, not my kind of game at all". Guess it's a good thing the OP isn't in control of a developer team, or he'd have them all go bankrupt on his first game ^^

Benito Martinez

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Not really interested in it either. Thanks for sharing.

Céline Rémy

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:08 am

Hey there, (Mirelurk cake given for first post). Maybe....Maybe I could see it working in some settings (say like The outlaw josey wales type setting) BUT in general I think the main thing that get missed is as a soldier, you well don't have a lot of leeway in your job. You are trained and told where to go (otherwise it all starts breaking down) err unless your a bigshot then your sending some else's butt not yours if it seems dicey (Ya Rommel I read your Infantry attacks book you depended on luck a bit too much for me), Not sure open world is the best fit. And other game makers have well kinda flooded the markets with shooters.

And I can think of nothing more horrifying than being a Tunnel rat. Sliding into maybe a foot by foot and a half hole with a side arm and a flashlight that on a good day is rigged with a grenade, half flooded or worse fully flooded (I heard it was well rather rainy there and they were dug with well Elbows for the water so ya like a rat coming up a toilet pipe fun), and might have some type of poisonous critter waiting for you. On a bad day there is a person (the nva/pvan/ Cong did not have the US no women in combat roles bull) bout as scared as you are, just waiting for you to turn on your light to shoot ya. ON a really bad day its a hub, or a hospital, or a depot filled with guys and gals that want you dead. (Credit where its do they became masters of tunneling)

MMMM no thank you.....

BUT before I totally disagree......Maybe some nod to John carter of mars, Doc savage, Merc company type,open world game......I might buy heheh

Life long Observer

Return to Othor Games