NEW GAME, stop suggesting they do everything like past games

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 pm

I keep seeing threads about copying everything from past games, and I would just like to say that I would like NEW things.

Examples:
"Would you like the third person controls to be like Oblivion, Fallout, or Morrowind?"
None, I'd like to see them make the third person camera more stable and enjoyable to use without copying the past games

"Would you like to have X race based on Y race from Morrowind or Oblivion?"
Neither, I would prefer a NEW mystery, not an old one.

"Do you want Morrowind styled enchantments or Oblivion styled enchantments?"
Again, neither, I'd prefer if they made a new way to show an item is enchanted.

"Do you want to have guilds based on the ones from Morrowind or Oblivion"
Again, neither, how many times must I say it?

"SPECIAL from Fallout instead of Oblivion's leveling system?"
Uh, how about they make a leveling system that is better than both because quite frankly both svck?

Please, stop asking Bethesda to copy their past games, I would like to see a new game, not an Oblivion/Morrowind/Fallout hybrid with a new engine.

EDIT for clarification
But seriously, I can understand a slight comparison and contrast like when you say something along the lines of "I want more armor and weapon variety, like that which can be found in Morrowind"
But looking around the forums I see nothing but "hey, let's use the same exact EVERYTHING from Oblivion/Morrowind"

Jeremy Kenney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 am

Thank you for sharing your personal opinion
...just like everyone else
Celestine Stardust

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

agreed
and really the Morrowind holier than thou stuff is gettin real old
Steph

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:20 am

Quite, you aren't doing anything special by suggesting these things. Frankly, this is a bit too aggressive. The people who have been on these forums for years have more of a right to suggest things, than, per se, you.
Kira! :)))

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:02 am

I don't know what to say, comparing & contrasting is all we can do. I can't say theres a point in the forum without them, even though most get out of hand. New wave of users, most will fade away though.
Stacey Mason

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:04 am

Those who live in the shadow of history seldom make history of their own. It's one thing to learn from history, but outright worshipping the past and trying to replicate it makes you little better than those stagnant stuck-up ponces over in Summurset.
Angus Poole

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:45 am

Quite, you aren't doing anything special by suggesting these things. Frankly, this is a bit too aggressive. The people who have been on these forums for years have more of a right to suggest things, than, per se, you.

I'm just worried that this will end up being Oblivion 1.5 with new graphics
Everyone keeps demanding things from Oblivion/Morrowind
leigh stewart

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 pm

"Please stop voicing your opinions and listen to mine"
Bones47

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:18 pm

It's common mantra in gaming, and comparative anolysis is probably the most effective way for people to convey their ideas.
Melis Hristina

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:48 am

Game, set, match.
Nomee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:11 am

They have to start somewhere, and they have to follow canon and lore, they can't just make it new every game. And did you sole opinion to a couple of questions really need its own thread?
And maybe they are demanding stuff from old games because they liked it? Your supposed to learn from your old games, listen to your fans on what to cut from previous games and redo or what to keep.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:27 am

Its human nature to compare things to other things that are similar. We can't help it, but yes I agree. I do want the comparing to be stopped. At least control it a little better
Dean Ashcroft

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:34 pm

If it isn't somewhat like their past ES games then there is no point in calling it TES:V they should just make a brand new franchise that caters only to you and your love of brand new games that have nothing to do with past games.
In fact why not take out all the old races and just make up new ones because after all this is a new game and he needs new content.
michael flanigan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:10 am

They have to start somewhere, and they have to follow canon and lore, they can't just make it new every game. And did you sole opinion to a couple of questions really need its own thread?

I'm not saying to ditch the Elder Scrolls lore, this IS an Elder Scrolls title
But if you read my post you'd see what I mean, people are getting out of hand by saying they want every little functionality from past games but don't take into consideration that this is in fact a new game, not Oblivion again, not Morrowind again.
Kayla Bee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 pm

You're right. We shouldn't ask for anything that we like and are familiar with that's from the past!
Allison Sizemore

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 am

"Please stop voicing your opinions and listen to mine"

Hahaha my thoughts exactly.
Marie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:47 am

This man speaks the truth. Look, it's a new game, why not try NEW stuff? Sure, there were things that were done better in Morrowind and others in Oblivion. So why can't Bethesda innovate and surprise us with a better game than Morrowind and Oblivion ever wished to be.

All these suggestions are getting pointless, especially in this stage of development. So just let Bethesda do their stuff, I am 100% sure that they will do their best and we will love it.
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:31 am

You're right. We shouldn't ask for anything that we like and are familiar with that's from the past!

Well when you put it that way...

But seriously, I can understand a slight comparison and contrast like when you say something along the lines of "I want more armor and weapon variety, like that which can be found in Morrowind"
But looking around the forums I see nothing but "hey, let's use the same exact EVERYTHING from Oblivion/Morrowind"
Jonathan Montero

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am

I personally would like to see the supreme ignorance of the series in that someone suggested Skyrim have S.P.E.C.I.A.L in it.... :obliviongate:

point made but really just let people talk without exploding... a year remains not all that much of a Pivotal change could be made it whats already settled, unless the game is pushed back in that case :obliviongate:
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 pm

and really the Morrowind holier than thou stuff is gettin real old

but it is true
Brian Newman

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:40 am

There are always going to be game mechanics that draw players to a series. Obviously we don't want those to go away.

Its a bit ridiculous to expect the players to not ask for what they enjoyed to come back. That's ridiculous in ANY aspect of life.
SWagg KId

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:31 am

I honestly don't see much of that.
Taylor Tifany

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

I dont belive any1 has more right then any1 to suggest anything at anytime, unless they are Canadian or French or worse French Canadians, then their opinions dont matter, as no matter what, in any fight they are gonna need help, unless they are the Canadian 1st Airborne or a member of the French Foreign Legion. J/K,..................... No really................. Naah J/K,..................
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:28 am

I trust that Bethesda will make it different just like they did with Oblivion. The Morrowind whiners do get a bit old some times. And yes, I did play Morrowind before Oblivion.
Joanne Crump

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 am

I think it's fair to ask for stuff that was done really well in old games, but all of this is 100% opinion so it doesn't really mean anything.
Kat Stewart

Next

Return to V - Skyrim