A New Nation RP

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Over the past month Bosmight and I have discussed a New Nation RP. Between our busy schedules this is what we have. Note that this is unrelated whatsoever to any Timeline discussion.

The years is 2321 in this new world. In the West, the Legion and the NCR are at ceasefire, the Gila River, the DMZ ofthe two nations who are heavily militarized and ready for war at a moments notice.

Conflicts have been common throughout the world as nations rise and fall with the causes of war, always the same since the dawn of humanity.

The idea for this is more richer satisfying NRP, war-torn NRP that focuses not on just the leader of then nation but the people within it, showing their struggles such as Generals, or activists, soldiers, etc, their work as a part of nation to create an expansive experience for an NRP.

NPC Nations should wag war on Player Nations according to goals and alignment. If they support slavery, or oppose it et cetera.

On the topic of war, it needs to be handled realistically like how war would occur in RL. How citizens react to deals and other Nations should fan the flames of war. And some groups should not be completely player controlled, but act based upon the masses. Groups in the military or protests should influence the player and occasionally start wars on their own. These wars can be of course called off by the powers that be, but there will still be repercussions and payouts for losses and collateral damage.

The idea is that NPC nations might be a little more War minded than the Player controlled ones. There will be more who are for war then those against. NPC nations will be ones who have existed in past RPs or those we create ourselves. I implore that you all try something new, this is just me asking that players try something new, a different nation or ideology. Me well I'll be going for Vegas, yes I'm setting Alaska aside anyone who takes up that mantle is free to take inspiration from my Lore if they so chose. Bosmight will be going for a surviving Shi. The Courier will be more war minded, while still paying heed to Mr. House. Yes there will be a house ending, but the Courier will be ruthless.

However there are still ideas to be worked out. Me and Bosmight have talked about a war power system that would grant each nation X amount of moves before they exhaust their forces, it will replenish slightly each year and more so if a war ends victoriously. Still needs to be discussed in detail. More ideas and systems will show up of course.

The Legion will still be a warring power though they are by no means the power they once were.

Anyways the idea of this thread is to decide background of nations and their relationships, history, wars etc. And a name decided. I had the idea of The Worlds Fair. And yes Nations can be from around the world.

I had also thought of expanding the start date and adding more wars to make America a true war torn nation. Something around the 3000 range so we can have a realistic reason for a high population and better overall tech.

Also I'd like to see us post as the Citizenry now and then, how they feel about political events. Or what they think when they see an armored transport heading off to war. There's still some details to be worked out, but this is the general idea.

Neil

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Can we make our own nations, or do we need to pick some one in-lore?

I feel the need to say this, so ignore it if you so desire, but I think that the wars should be kept as simple as possible. Honestly, I tend to agree with the guy from the Role Player's guild, that those sorts of things should just be handled via PMs.

Very excited and interested in getting something like this going by the way.

Claire Jackson

Post » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:50 pm

You can make your own Nations. Though the War power system still needs work but the idea is you can't have twenty battles when a Nation can realistically only handle one battle, think of it as a way to make sure there aren't back to back wars.

helen buchan

Return to Fallout Series Discussion