New Vegas Ultimate Edition. Should I turn on all DLC's?

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:42 am

Hey Guys,

I just installed New Vegas Ultimate Edition on PC, but I have not started the game-play yet (still at face creation).

I turned on all of the DLC add-ons to start, and I noticed in the beginning sequence that it kept pausing to add the specialized gear from each of the DLC's.

With all of these DLC's turned on, it seemed like I was getting an awful lot of gear for a character just starting out, and this got me re-thinking my decision of turning on everything.

What would you guys recommend for someone who has never played the game before?

-Should I play the game vanilla first (no DLC)?

-Should I only turn on a specific combo of DLC content?

-Should I just go for it and enable all of the DLC content?

Are there any known bugs, conflicts, or story line issues if I turn all DLC's on upfront?

Thanks so much!
aisha jamil

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:38 pm

The pre-order packs (Tribal, Mercenary, Classic, ... and what ever the fourth was) are the ones that just dump items in your inventory at the start. I always play without them.

Gun Runners arsenal adds very powerful and very expensive weapons you can buy from vendors, and also new ammo types that always come in handy, but it doesn't give anything for free.

Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues and Lonesome Road are all large story DLCs, whose stories tie up to the main game's story, you should play them all.

Those do display pop-ups after the character creation, but after that they don't interfere.
Bambi

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Turn hem all on at the start. A few of them add perks that are nice options.

There are no problems with activating everything.

jess hughes

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:08 am

I always have them all turned on. Usually I put the gear I don't want in the dumpster near the store, or sell it to Chet outright. Gives you a little starting capital.

leni

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:48 pm

Same here. I view the Courier's Stash items as a way to customize my character's starting gear, to fit their particular back story.

Definitely start with all the DLCs turned on, They add a lot of good story to the vanilla game.

Rebecca Dosch

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:29 pm

I turned all of the DLC on except Courier's stash. I can't stand when games dump tons of overpowered equipment onto a new character right from the start, so avoided that one like the plague.

Mari martnez Martinez

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:26 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Very much appreciated.

Daddy Cool!

Return to Fallout: New Vegas